“Check the Drink Specials”
Review of Pizza Milano

Pizza Milano
Ranked #393 of 2,209 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Great drink prices and friendly bartenders (upstairs!) I frequented this place while on a long project in Pittsburgh. I ate at the bar once so, won't review the food or restaurant service.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I liked the pizza but was soooo surprised to get plastic plates. Good for takeaway or cocktails at the bar...

Reviewed February 11, 2012

The lunch specials make this place great! Best menu items are the pepperoni rolls and buffalo chicken hoagie. Service I'd always great, plus the upstairs is great since the remodel

Reviewed July 27, 2011

After attending the U2 concert at Heinz Field, we walked back to our hotel, (the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh), took a second to freshen up & then walked into downtown - hoping that someplace - anyplace - might be open for a late snack & a drink. After walking a bit down Penn Street, we were ready to give up. Then we smelled pizza! Turning the corner, we saw a line of small bars, cafe's & bistros. Cafe Milano had staff on the sidewalk selling pizza by the slice to "famished" concert goers- (brilliant).

I noticed that the main floor was crowded with people sitting at small wood tables, however I also notice a sign stating that there was a lounge & additional seating upstairs. We climbed the steps to find a low lit, pleasant lounge with plenty of open seats! (And air conditioning). The server was pleasant and engaged us in easy conversation about the concert. She quickly brought cups and a pitcher of icewater - which she did not allow to go empty the rest of the evening! We ordered a large garden salad, and a large pizza along with a few other drinks.

The salad was shared by four adults and was fresh. The house Italian dressing was recommended, and was excellent. The pizza had mushroom, sweet Italian sausage & pepperoni and was fantastic.

As late as it had become, and as exhausted as we were; we would have settled for nearly anything edible - instead, we found a great atmosphere to unwind from the intensity of the concert, attentive service, great food and a really small bill at the end of our meal! Grazi Cafe Milano - highly recommended.

Reviewed June 7, 2008

My office gets pizza from here every so often, the favs of everyone are the pizza rancho and the white pizza. My fav is the seafood sub. I took my husband here, too, before a Pirates game and he loved the calzone. The customer service isn't the greatest but it worth the wait for the food. Good all around place.