“Great Maze of a Restaurant!”
Review of Buca di Beppo

Buca di Beppo
Ranked #567 of 2,178 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
ohio
“Great Maze of a Restaurant!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I met my friends at this restaurant, but it took me a while to find them (ha)! The place is a maze of a building, with dining room after dining room after dining room all leading to more dining rooms! But I finally found my friends near the kitchen, but not before I wondered if I had selected the wrong di Beppo!

Never mind, from the family-style portions, the great salad and the amazing pasta and bread, the dinner here was quite memorable. And what a great Italian-colored atmosphere. Great service and just look at the delicious photos!

• Visited September 2012

Niagara, Canada
“We won't return”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This restaurant used to be a destination for us during our visits to Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, our visit on Labour Day weekend did not meet our expectations and proved to me once again that it is important to heed the warnings and ratings on tripadvisor.

My wife was already skeptical of Buca di Beppo from prior visits, but I was able to convince her to return with the promise of ordering lasagna. Just my luck, the lasagna was sold out. What's worse, we weren't told until several minutes after we'd ordered. Shouldn't the server know that a main Italian staple is not on offer?? The same thing occurred when ordering dessert, no tiramisu. When the waiter returned with the bad news, he added "and don't order the cannoli either, because we're out of that, too." So, I'm 0 for 3 on the items that I wanted. Like, why not just put up the "closed" sign?

The seats we were given were covered in food particles from the previous diners, and we weren't offered bread like we had come to expect. Its doubtful that the shortage extended to bread, since adjacent tables were enjoying theirs.

There are lots of other eating establishments in the general vicinity. Try them instead.

• Visited September 2012
bucalove, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Please accept our apologies for your experience. We have forwarded the information to management and would love to have someone reach out to you. Could you email us your contact information to mamacares@bucainc.com? We always appreciate opportunities to better serve our guests. Thank you.
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

First time we have dined there, the food comes family style and it is very good! Neat building right on the river!

Visited May 2012
Norton, Virginia
“Mmmmmmm.”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Had a nice business dinner with clients. Very unique and nice atmosphere!

Visited January 2012
Steubenville, Ohio
“Heavily Garliced food”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I love Garlic-don't get me wrong, but enough is enough! I have decided this is the last visit for me-too much garlic.

• Visited November 2011