“Great Drinks!!”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Shadyside
Cross street: Bellefonte St.
Transit: Bus stops within walking distance.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Drinks!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

The Walnut Grill in Mt. Lebanon just opened a few months ago and I was excited to try the food and Drinks. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the Mojotos taste. I have tried mostly all of them and they are delicious. The food is mostly good. I have been there a few times and thought that it was nothing special but it wasn't bad either. The fish tacos are average, they seem to need something to make them taste better. The Lobster Mac and Cheese is pretty good. I will go back again and try some of the other entrees.

• Visited June 2012

Illinois
“Not the caliber of neighborhood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I visited here in June, 2012. This was not what I expected in a neighborhood as high end as Shady Side. I had shopped all day (GREAT shopping there), and stopped for lunch. Food was mediocre, and drinks were rather high. The clientele seemed to be local artistry types. It is very casual, and if you are looking for that, then it;s your place. if you want more high end eclectic dining, there are more options elsewhere in Shady Side.

• Visited June 2012
Pittsburgh
“Unusual salad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place looks unrecognizable from its previous incarnation as Molly Brannigans. It looks great. The food, however, left a bit to be desired. When my friend was halfway through her beet salad, she found an unusual item in it. Upon closer inspection, we determined that it was a piece of candy. Our server later told us that's what he suspected it was too. Apparently there's a whole shelf of candy in the kitchen, and it must have fallen in during prep. Why there's such a shelf, I have no idea.

My salad -- which was not a beet salad -- had a few small pieces of beets. I hate beets. I didn't bother notifying our server. Meanwhile, the manager came over and comped my friend's salad, and she was brought another.

Given this strange experience and the above average prices, I don't know that I'll be returning anytime soon.

• Visited May 2012