“Special service in a cute neighborhood”
Review of Lucca Ristorante

Lucca Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucca Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 2,194 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Oakland
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and our friend and I were looking for a quick drink at around 4:15 in the afternoon. We walked up to Lucca, but were told they didn't open until 5. The employee we were talking to was giving us some suggestions of where to go when the owner came out and said "you guys want drinks? Come on in." He opened his restaurant, sat us at the bar, and mixed us three beautiful and delicious martinis, even hand-stuffing blue cheese in the olives for the dirty martinis. I was so impressed and really wish we could have made it back for dinner before we left town. This is the kind of place I would go to again and again for that kind of service!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Located in the Oakland neighborhood, the university district, it is one of the few fine dining places there. They have a good list of specials. Very good for parents visiting students for a special night out.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I recently hosted a friend's visit to the city and we spent one evening at Lucca's. From the very first moment when we asked for an alternate table a bit out of the way, to the last moment when we left, the quiet gracefulness of our waiter, Fraser, and the rest of the staff was transformative. Serving a meal is an art and our waiter appeared not in some inopportune routine, but precisely at the moments when we might have needed or wanted anything. His ability to anticipate us was remarkable --and so very genuine. He cleared plates and brought new courses just when we would be ready for them. His refined professionalism was balanced with his interest in making our particular visit as pleasurable as possible. He even noticed that we were looking towards the liqueurs after dinner and immediately returned asking if we would like one with our espressos. The meal itself was exquisite. Everything was delicately but clearly seasoned, making each dish unique and memorable. The atmosphere in general was refreshingly respectful and inviting --as if we had just come to the home of an old friend in Italy and were being entertained with the best our host could offer. Thank you for an evening that was not only a beautiful meal, but also a relaxing and renewing evening. I will continue to bring guests to Lucca's and return as often as possible myself.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Lunch: arugula salad with grilled salmon; two days later, dinner was lobster ravioli (for my friend) and seafood pasta (for me). Everything was delicious, even the peppery olive oil to welcome that delicious crusty bread. Frazier, our dinner waiter, seemed to anticipate our every need, and to understand the nuances of Italian food and espresso. We had a wonderful time!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Lucca stands in contrast with the other eateries around CMU on Craig St. It's a quiet old fashion restaurant serving delicious gourmet Italian food. I had the bruschetta as an appetizer and the duck breast as an entree. Given that I was dining alone while my daughter had a weekend at CMU, I sat at the bar. The bartender offered me a great Merlot that perfectly matched my entree. The food was delicious and was presented in an elegant way. The duck breast was super moist and the skin was expertly season - it was almost like eating bacon. The atmosphere is elegant and everyone was very friendly.

1  Thank FBarillas