“Okay food, decent service...”
Review of Pasta Too

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pasta Too
Ranked #1,132 of 2,167 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
New York City, New York
“Okay food, decent service...”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Pasta Too is a middle of the road Italian place. To be honest, there is nothing to rave about. The food is very similar to Olive Garden, or Macaroni Grill. The wait staff was friendly and the menu had a decent variety. The one thing I found odd was that you could not get any vegetables as a side with your meal. If you order a chicken dish and would like vegetables instead of pasta you can't get it. The lobster mac n' cheese was okay but nothing to rave about. During my visit we sat down to eat at 3 on a Sunday and by 5pm the lobby was absolutely packed with people trying to get in for dinner. After my meal and seeing the meals of those I was with I could not understand it. The food is simply unmemorable and there is nothing that makes me want to go back.

• Visited February 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“The best Italian restaurant in Pittsburgh”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

This place never disappoints. Warm Italian bread with olive oil & herbs to start. The appetizers (try the fried zucchini) are wonderful. Their pastas are perfect, the marinara is wonderful. The meatballs are very large. The manicotti & chicken parm are among the best I've had. The pizzas and calzones are also tasty. I haven't tried the sandwiches. The desserts are huge, more than 2 people could eat. Raspberry explosion is the best, but they don't always have it. The atmosphere is very Italian, down to the close tables where some feel you are eating with the people next to you. The service is friendly and amazingly fast for how busy they always are. I've eaten here since it was a tiny place with about 10 tables. Now they have a nice size beautiful building, and there is still always a wait, even at 3pm. But it is worth it & they never rush you out.

Pittsburgh, PA
“Best Parmesan in Pennsylvania”
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I always get the baked scrod. It is so good that no other baked scrod can live up to it to the point where I no longer get it anywhere but here. They put this butter crust on top of it and the fish is so flaky...

My husband always gets the chicken parmesan. The portion is gigantic, the breading is perfect, and the chicken is moist and juicy. Their sauce is also delicious. I always get a few bites of his chicken to accompany my scrod!

My mom gets the veal parmesan. She searched for 18 years since moving to PA for a veal parmesan that tasted as good as what she used to get in Cleveland. She finally found it here. She said it is the best veal parmesan she has ever had in Pennsylvania.

Their bread is pretty good and they pour oil on the table with some special spices to dip. The salad has not been too good the last couple times... it tasted too earthy. I actually could not eat it as I swear I could smell the fertilizer used to grow the lettuce. Not sure what that was about but the meals are fantastic!

There is often a long line so we always try to go at off hours so we do not have to wait. Not sure if the line is as long with the economic downturn, but the place is still always full when we go.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My favorite family style...”
Reviewed December 20, 2007

My favorite family style Italian place!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook