“Shockingly awesome! Is this Pittsburgh or Milan?”

Centi Anni Alla Famiglia
Ranked #80 of 2,159 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Shockingly awesome! Is this Pittsburgh or Milan?”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Visiting Pittsburg in the past would have been Primanit or EatNPark. No More! This formers NJ/Ny'er thinks this place is out of this world! from the Caprese appetizer to the spicy sauce in my linguini to my huge fabulous veal Milanese. Run don't walk to this place!

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank Villanovan

New York City, New York
“Shocked...pleasantly”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Wow...I love when looks are deceiving. Some of my best meals have been in understated restaurants (in terms of looks) where the focus is on whats going on in the kitchen! The portion size of the food is definitely family style. By the time my cowboy steak came I was stuffed from the appetizers. The calamari is one of the best preps I have had (not fried). We ordered a meatball appetizer and I should have had that for dinner because it was huge. Definitely order to share and add after. The bread is great, the wine was great, we shared a dessert platter of each thing on the menu and this New Yorker surrounded by some true Italians, was surprised in Pittsburgh. Area reminded me of a mini version of Brooklyn...I was fine.

• Visited June 2013
“Dining with a personal touch”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have enjoyed dining at Alla Famiglia for the past year as we gradually have worked our way through the menu. The owner Jonathon takes a hands on approach and it shows. The entrees are all well prepared. The appetizers are meals unto themselves. We are always looking forward to our next visit.

Visited May 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“The best of the best”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my second time at the restaurant and there was not a bite that I didn't thoroughly enjoy! My advice to anyone going though, watch ordering appetizers.. They are very large and can be shared among the whole table. Just make sure that you have room for your entree! They are large as well. The quality of the food is what I want to stress... Every bite melts in your mouth!!!

• Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“WOW- worth the drive up the hill”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Go hungry because from appetizer to main course the food is outstanding and the quantities more than we could handle. The veal was so tender and the meatball specialty a meal in itself . The service could not have been better. Bravo

• Visited May 2013