“Excellent food and service!”

Centi Anni Alla Famiglia
Ranked #82 of 2,187 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Enjoyed a revcent dinner at Alla Famiglia with family, everything was very, very good from start to finish....fried cheese, stuffed peppers, salad, pasta, veal and dessert......absolutely no complaints. Service was quite good as well. Be prepared for an expensive meal, prices are not for the budget conscious. Sat on third floor for most recent dinner, would prefer to sit on first floor by kitchen, suggest you make this preference known when making reservation. Would/will recommend Alla Famiglia to anyone looking for a fantastic meal in Pittsburgh.

There are newer reviews for Centi Anni Alla Famiglia

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Had dinner at alla famiglia for our 23 wedding anniversary. Needless to say it was awesome. I had there signature Veal Chop dinner, it was the best i ever had. My wife had a seafood medley, also outstanding . The wait staff was great very knowledgeable very helpful, very friendly.Its also BYOB which we love. you will not go home hungry.This was our first visit to Famiglia and we will definitely be going back.

1  Thank jimdink
Reviewed May 18, 2012

What a find! Once you get past the drive to this place and you turn your keys over to the correct valet (be certain that he's wearing a shirt with the name of the restaurant!), you walk through the front door and are swept to another time. The front area is intimate...a handful of tables and meals are prepared directly over the counter. The chefs all seem to enjoy what they are creating. Yes...creating! Jonathan Vlasic--owner and head chef--visited each table. Ohhh, I'm getting ahead of my story. My husband and I experienced such delightful, delicious, yummy (my mouth is watering as I recall the textures, the aromas) dishes. The wine...ahhh, the white wine was absolutely the best that I have had the pleasure to have. The Italian bread sliced to the perfect size was utilized to soak up some of the olive oil and herbs in a small dish. There was a small dish of cheeses...herbal butter...grated cheese. Ohhhh my! As an appitizer, we enjoyed stuffed banana peppers. Then, the salad...ahhhh, the way a sald ought to be made: textures, tastes, just enough dressing. The pasta dish had a tomato vodka sauce with spinach. And, we hadn't had our entrees! My husband enjoyed ribeye done to perfection. I enjoyed pork tenderloin that had been marinated in lavendar and herbs. Dessert was this delicious raspberry terimasu. He washed it down with a hot cup of freshly brewed black coffee, while I finished my wonderful glass of white wine. A birthday to remember. Oh, the waitress handed me a menu with my name printed on it wishing me a Happy Birthday!

1  Thank Sue N
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We have been to this restaurant numerous times with our good friends and have always had a delightfully evening...the food always being wonderfully prepared and beautifully presented. This past Tuesday we attended a wine tasting paired with magnificent dishes! The fried mozzarella with pancetta, Pisello and roasted garlic started our evening off along with a delicious white wine introduced by the wine merchant, Mary. The evening continued with a house salad, pasta with vodka sauce, marinated pork tenderloin served with mushrooms and spinach, concluding with cannolis for dessert. Each course was preceded with a perfectly matched white or red wine. What a dining experience! The memory of the evening being relived through this review makes me hungry! Our service was top-notch! How lucky we are to live near a city that has a restaurant that can offer this fine-dining experience! Can't wait to return!!! Hope the wine tasting evening is repeated...not to be missed!

1  Thank Dee D
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great meal with good friends and we brought our own wine which saved us significant money!!!