“Great Restaurant”

Neighborhood: Fox Chapel
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Very good family owned restaurant, very welcoming atmosphere. Food is quite good, as is service. You won't be disappointed. Very cheap, but the food does not reflect this. Parking may sometimes be a problem on Friday or Saturday nights, but not usually. Overall, great place for families and friends.

• Visited June 2013

Pittsburgh
“Excellent Place for Lunch”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This place has excellent American Chinese Food. More importantly, the price is right. The service is very good.

I recommend this place highly for lunch.

• Visited May 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
“love the general tso's shrimp”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This restaurant is close to work, so I have been here for lunch and picked up dinner for take-out. I really like the general tso's shrimp. I haven't seen it on many Chinese restaurant menu's. My stand-by chicken and broccoli is also good here. The staff is always friendly. I just recently used the online ordering system and it worked well. I do think it's a bit over priced. The general tso's shrimp with white rice is ~$18.00. With taxes and tip (I had take-out), I paid ~$22.00. That is a lot for 1 person with no drink. But I like the food so I guess it's worth it.

• Visited March 2013
“Nice alternative...good value”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Overshadowed a bit by Jimmy Wan's for locals, Tai Pei offers a better value with maybe less ambiance than Jimmy Wan's. Traditional Chinese fare, all well priced. Great place for a quick lunch and take out. Easy to get to and fast. Great service, you won't be disappointed.

Visited December 2012
Harrisburg, PA
“Great food, Great service”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Have visited a couple of times now when I go to Pittsburgh. The fact that we keep going back says something. First thing to note, the service - very good, matter of fact its excellent. Typical chinese or tai menu, lots to choose from. We like the varying degrees of hotness you can add. Dumplings are great. Broccoli chicken, general tso's chicken and sweet n sour shrimp seem to be our favorites. We will definitely return many times. Do not get it confused with the Thai restaurant right down the street which is nice but doesnt compare. The atmosphere here is also comfortable, lots of tvs - which I find odd but so what. They also have a sushi bar which is always full when we visit, never had it though.

• Visited June 2012