“Perfect Dinner on a Cold Dvening”
Review of Palazzo Ristorante

Palazzo Ristorante
Ranked #1,285 of 2,186 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were staying at a nearby hotel for a conference and my friend asked the concierge for a recommendation. He recced Palazzo, which was a short walk away. It was my husband's birthday and I was hoping for something good -- he likes food, but he's fussy about it, too. It was cold outside and the minute we walked in there was a warm feeling. My friend's husband remarked that it reminded him of those old Italian places in Greenwich Village -- we expected to see Don Vito sitting in the corner!

The waiter suggested the fried zucchini and stuffed peppers for appetizers. They were great, although the peppers were pretty spicy (we were warned). For the main course I had chicken marsala and my husband had the veal marsala. Very, very good. I liked the potatoes and other veggies on the plate -- they sucked up the excellent marsala sauce. My friend had the osso bucco and she loved it. Her husband had seafood on pasta, which he said was okay. I think he was looking at the veal and wishing he'd ordered that. We were full -- until the dessert menu came around. My friend and I had the lemoncello and vanilla ice cream. My husband had the spumoni ice cream and her husband had the tiramasu -- a huge piece. No leftovers on that table.

A lot of the people eating there seemed to be locals. The next time I'm in Pittsburgh, I'd certainly come back.

There are newer reviews for Palazzo Ristorante

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Came here on a Tuesday night with a group of 6 and no reservations. Our waitress Mary was one of the most charming people I have ever met! The salad was ok, my special of the night, beef tournedos, were dry and I didn't like it. The desserts were all good. It's an ok place to go for a quick meal before or after a show, but I would only go back as a convenience to pre-theatre. They did have special bottles of wine for $20 and both we tried were very good.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Walked by this place, stepped in, checked menu, made reservations for later, up on mont Washington for a beer and back to Palazo after a shower. Food was excelent and so was the wine. Had a spagetti and meatballs and a ceasars salad.Service was professional. Excellent price value ratio.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was looking for a nice italian place to eat prior to the PIttsburg half marathon. The hotel suggested this place. I was worried since it was so close to the baseball stadium and there was a game that night what type of wait and service I might get. I called and was able to get reservation. The food was awesome especially the fried zuchini appetizer. It was so large I couldn't finish it all and took some back to the hotel and it was good cold the next day. The entree was equally good. The service was prompt and kept coming back to make sure I didn't need anything else. And the price was moderate so for value I got a lot for the money i paid.

1  Thank Howrenrob
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Make sure you check out Pallazzo's when your in town. We love eating there when we're in Pittsburg. Not too far of a walk from PNC park. Love the bridges in Pittsburg.

1  Thank Scott-Kim L