“Ok food but friendly service”
Review of Palazzo Ristorante

Palazzo Ristorante
Ranked #1,276 of 2,173 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Ok food but friendly service”
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Came here on a Tuesday night with a group of 6 and no reservations. Our waitress Mary was one of the most charming people I have ever met! The salad was ok, my special of the night, beef tournedos, were dry and I didn't like it. The desserts were all good. It's an ok place to go for a quick meal before or after a show, but I would only go back as a convenience to pre-theatre. They did have special bottles of wine for $20 and both we tried were very good.

Drummond New Brunswick, Canada
“Italian Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Walked by this place, stepped in, checked menu, made reservations for later, up on mont Washington for a beer and back to Palazo after a shower. Food was excelent and so was the wine. Had a spagetti and meatballs and a ceasars salad.Service was professional. Excellent price value ratio.

“A can't miss place”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was looking for a nice italian place to eat prior to the PIttsburg half marathon. The hotel suggested this place. I was worried since it was so close to the baseball stadium and there was a game that night what type of wait and service I might get. I called and was able to get reservation. The food was awesome especially the fried zuchini appetizer. It was so large I couldn't finish it all and took some back to the hotel and it was good cold the next day. The entree was equally good. The service was prompt and kept coming back to make sure I didn't need anything else. And the price was moderate so for value I got a lot for the money i paid.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Howrenrob
Danville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Make sure you check out Pallazzo's when your in town. We love eating there when we're in Pittsburg. Not too far of a walk from PNC park. Love the bridges in Pittsburg.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Scott-Kim L
New York City, New York
“Pleasant ambience, serviceable food”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I had a chance to visit Palazzo for lunch and dinner during my recent Pittsburgh trip. This restaurant is conveniently located in the city's Cultural District, which stretches a few blocks along Penn Avenue downtown, so it is a short walk to such venues as Heinz Hall and Benedum Center. The walls are accented with theater posters and regional photos. The service was good.

The food was so-so; I get the impression that the place has not updated its recipes since the 1960s. All in all, when I visit Pittsburgh I will go back to Palazzo for the old style Italian atmosphere and the convenient location. In terms of food, though, there may be better Pittsburgh choices.

• Visited April 2012