“Good stuff!”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Neighborhood: North Oakland
Neighborhood: North Oakland
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Favorite place for a gyro in Pittsburgh. I like better than mike and Tonys. They have great hummus also.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Nothing fancy inside, but well worth going there because the food is excellent. My favorites are the tabouli, hummus, and chicken kebob dinner which includes a salad with a delicious lemon dressing.

1  Thank lsscancun
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Not pretentious at all, just a regular family owned restaurant. Very authentic. Lets just accept it, there's no many options to eat out in Pittsburgh, one ends up paying a lot of money to eat just "ok" in a fancy place. That's why I recommend Ali Baba, it has saved our lives: good food, good price.

1  Thank Submai
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We are a family of five, including three kids ages 7 to 14. Two of my kids and I are vegetarian. (My husband and one child are occasionally omnivores.) We had dinner here on a Friday in July.

I grew up in Pittsburgh and my husband and I both attended college in Pittsburgh. Ali Baba was always a favorite of mine, and while we usually go to Pittsburgh at least once year to visit, it had been quite a while since we were able to eat here. (It isn't the first choice of the relatives we visit, whose kids prefer more typical American fare.)

Since we cook vegetarian at home, my kids generally like middle-Eastern food and were happy to go here. The atmosphere, food ,and service were great. There is a wide selection for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians, and we had lots of left-overs for lunch the next day. Dinner for 7, with some appetizers and dessert, came to just over $100 including tip.

Hope to get back there on future trips!

1  Thank family1991
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great variety of Middle eastern food, been going there since the early 70's.....very good consistency.....fresh ingredients....if you care about quality....this is the place to go for a super delicious meal

1  Thank Eddie L