“Great get-away spot!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Homestead, Pennsylvania
“Great get-away spot!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I wanted to do something nice for Café Sam because the restaurant has always been good to us. My husband and I live in a few neighborhoods over and eat at the restaurant regularly. The location is convenient and parking good, but most importantly, when we go we feel as if we are on a mini vacation get-away. Valentine’s Day dinner was no exception. When we walked in the door Dan, the host, was there greeting us with a smile. (He also always provides friendly back up service during our dinners to supplement the attentive wait staff.) My husband and I were seated in a cozy corner of the dining room with a view of all of the other romantic couples celebrating Valentine’s Day. Tasty complimentary appetizers were passed around while we looked over the special menu for the night and ordered drinks. Already I felt like I was a million miles away from home! Fried calamari and pierogies came for our first course, followed by cabbage soup – the best soup I’ve ever had! My husband even liked it and he isn’t much of a soup-eater. Our main courses came at just the right time - chicken marsala and salmon with general tsos sauce. Sides of collard greens and sweet potatoes were absolutely delicious and satisfying. I could have easily ended the night there, but then came a variety of desserts, champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries to top it all off. I was in heaven… Well, no. Actually, I was in Pittsburgh and feeling lucky to have a wonderful neighborhood restaurant right down the street from home. Thank you Café Sam for giving us the best mini vacation get-away!

White Oak, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dirty Men's room..what's the kitchen like?”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I've eaten here several times with my wife and friends, but never had the need to visit the men's room. Usually I judge the cleanliness of the restaurant by the way the restrooms are kept.
The steps to the downstairs restrooms are hazardous and the men's room is disgusting! Needs gutted and rebuilt for the 21st century. I can only imagine what the kitchen looks like!
Needless to say, we will not be returning to Cafe Sam in the near future.

Somerset, Pennsylvania, United States
“Wonderful Dinner”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were in town for my husband to have surgery the next day. We met friends who recommended Cafe Sam. What a great experience! It was wonderful. The menu is awesome with so many choices! We were greeted by a friendly hostess who showed us to our seats. Our waitress was very attentive to our needs. The bartender offered us samples of drinks. The waitress was very knowledgable in the menu choices. The atmosphere and staff were superb! I can't wait to go back!!!

“Always Great”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We've eaten at Cafe Sam many times. They're always great. We almost always order from their list of specials, which change regularly. Innovative, and really good food. Also, very friendly place.

Visited December 2013
East Syracuse, New York
“Fab!”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Fabulous from start to end. Greated by a lovely manager who checked on us mid dinner. So many selections on the menu. I ended up getting classic staples French onion soup and fettucine with creamed spinach. Nothing ordinary about either dish - absolutely delicious! My dinner partner was more ambitious with pate and duck. She couldn't stop talking about the whole dinner experience all week.
Thank you, Cafe Sam!