“Wonderful experience.”

Ranked #188 of 2,266 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Really interesting and tasty food. The staff was attentive and welcoming. Extensive choices. Specials were great. Turducken meatloaf rocks!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The menu is so broad you may well wonder if Café Sam isn't a little too ambitious. Whatever, my companion and I were very pleased with our meal. He very much enjoyed the chicken with pesto and just raved about the squash soup. My spinach salad with hot bacon dressing was about the best version I've ever had, and my pork chops with Jack Daniels sauce were also very good. The accompanying apple sauce and sauerkraut had a wonderful home made quality.

That seems to be the trick to Café Sam - food that is not especially exotic or trendy, but is just a bit better than you are likely to make at home.

The prices are right and service is friendly and welcoming, if a bit amateur at times.

We plan to make Café Sam a regular stop on our trips to Pittsburgh.

1  Thank DOD56
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Very nice restaurant - my nephew is a student at Carnegie Mellon and recommended we eat there while I was in town on business. Two of my coworkers and I went there for dinner, and it was a very pleasant experience. Nice atmosphere and ambiance, I went for the prix fixe four course meal for the night, and it was SUCH a great deal! Food was well presented, generous serving sizes, very tasty, and incredibly reasonable in price! I started with the gazpacho - fresh and light-tasting, very well flavored; then I had the tossed salad, also very good; entree was the boneless pork chops with a sweet Thai chile cream sauce served on a bed of collard greens and lentils, with a side of mashed sweet potatoes, and then peach melba for dessert. All for only $19.95!! I HIGHLY recommend Cafe Sam! You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank mimififi
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Omg. Husband and I ate here after dropping daughter off at college in pittsburg. Food was great. We had 2 appetizers, 3 appetizer sized pastas, 2 desserts and 7 beers total. $78
Worth of total value. Food was assume. Can hardly wait to take our daughter and return

Reviewed August 4, 2013

What an incredible experience! The service was terrific and the food was simply amazing. Go to enjoy, they make everything fresh so you can enjoy your meal, but go hungry the portions are quite ample. There were four of us and we had the veal piccata, chicken piccata, smoked pork chops and a seafood dish not to be missed with shrimp, scallops mussels, and langoustines over linguine in an incredible tomato based cream sauce. Make sure you save room for dessert, the homemad e chocolate mousse and creme brûlée are to die for.

2  Thank Peter S