“Tasty food”

Monte Cello's
Ranked #419 of 2,222 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Was not disappointed in this restaurant. The lasagna was large and very good. The meatball casserole was just ok. The pasta and sauce was good, but the meatballs lacked in taste.

1  Thank Jeff M

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife and I stopped for a late lunch - we had a hankering for eating here - split an antipasta salad (small) and the fish sandwich - the salad was very good but the fish was outstanding - we have been splitting meals to save on calories to loose weight - but I could go for the whole fish sandwich, it is that good - and the prices are very reasonable too

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've been going to this Monte Cello's for over 10 years and I can tell you, it's never bad. Monte Cello's is the type of place where it has the good local feel and they know you're there because of the price and location, but you're still treated right. You know what I'm talking about, it's not the only gig in town, but for the demographic, it's close.

All the food is generally above average, but not what you might call "real" italian. It's real enough and tastes plenty good, the majority of the menu is actually in English, but they know their clientele and do what they're trying to do very well.

Completely friendly, good service and for a reasonable price. You go to Monte Cello's not for top notch, but for a good meal and a nice local place.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

There were four of us and each of us had salad and we all agreed that they were fantastic. They were very large with quality products and good value for the money.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Saw on their sign they had all-u-can-eat crab legs on Mondays and had been having a taste for them. So while I ordered the crab legs (also comes with home-made soup or sald), my husband ordered a sausage casserole. He loved the sausage casserole and the crab legs.... there were so many on the plate!! There had to be at least 10 sets of legs. I had no room for a re-order on that trip. A few weeks later we went back again. I ordered the crab legs and husband ordered a 'Joe's Special' pizza - thick crust, extra cheese. Again we were not disappointed. This time the 1st order of crab legs was not huge and I asked for a re-order. Now MOST places, the re-order comes in a smaller portion. Not here!! I think I got about 8 sets of legs on the re-order (had about 4 on the initial order). Both visits we had excellent waitresses that kept the ice tea glasses full and were very friendly, even while being very busy.