“Not a good experience”

Monte Cello's
Ranked #448 of 2,186 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have to preface this by saying that we have eaten at this location (Babcock Blvd) and many other locations several times in the past with no complaints, but this past trip was not very good. I ordered the chicken parm hoagie and the chicken was inedible. I ended up taking all of the chicken off the bun and just ate the bun with some sauce. There were also many, many flies all through the restaurant and in the bathroom. Not sure why, but it needs to be addressed.

There are newer reviews for Monte Cello's

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was third time in this restaurant for this out-of-owner visiting family. Ever time we have been a group of 8-10. Fantastic, quick and friendly service. Hostesses and wait staff happy to accommodate large groups. The small antipasto salad could have fed three people. The wings came in several varieties -- we lived those with the dry rub. Pizza is THE best!
Oh, did I mention the cannoli? ;-)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Once again another great meal at Monte Cello's. We went for my God Sons baptism dinner and had a rather large crowd. The service was great and the food as always good. Everyone was happy with their meal. I ordered the eggplant parm. with WW pasta and it was really good and a large portion. My fiance ordered the meatball casserole and loved it as well! We of course will return!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you're looking for a classic Italian-American experience, then this is the place for you. All of the standard items done very well. The ambience is casual and subdued with a fireplace in the main dining room. The service is pleasant, efficient and courteous.

There is a weekday lunch buffet from 11:00 till 2:00

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I got their buffalo burger which is served with a topping of blue cheese. There wasn't a discernible buffalo taste at all, however the burger itself was made from good quality beef and was perfectly cooked. The waiting staff are also very pleasant and very attentive (without being overbearing). The value of the meal overall was fair. Another member in our party ordered pizza, and it was fantastic... absolutely wonderful. This place is definitely worth visiting again just to try the different types of pizzas.