“Groupon Alert”

Dining options: Lunch
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Groupon Alert”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

When you use a groupon here if you let them know prior to ordering (as you are directed to do) the amount of the serving is reduced -- mater paneer had 4 cubes of cheese - this is a $10 vegetarian dish. The Samosas were still cold inside, the fritters were doughy and stale tasting. An order of Nan was one piece of bread. So beware --- there were only 3 other diners and we had to wait for service and flag down the waiter for more water.

• Visited January 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Food, Mediocre Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Came in from out of town for the weekend and my wife bought a Groupon here. When I came in, I was a bit put off by the atmosphere - the place is very bare bones, dimly lit, and has industrial grade carpeting. HOWEVER, the Shrimp Malabar I ordered redeemed my visit here - the sauce it came in was absolutely excellent and I got 6 large shrimp with the meal, which is good considering it only cost $13. My wife ordered the Lamb Tikka Masala and it was also very good. The only caveat she had was that the food was not quite warm enough (due to a service delay).

The service was mediocre, but that is partly b/c of the language barrier. In sum, this is no place for a romantic date, but if you want quality Indian food that is conveniently located in the Oakland area, this place is solid enough..

• Visited September 2013
Pittsburgh
“There are better Choices for Indian food”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Ok, so I bought a groupon, and with it you can only order off the regular menu....that was the deal to get me in the door, but except for its central Oakland location , and the bulk of their customers must be students and hospital /office workers....it was not a nice experience...service was ok, but compared to other local Indian restaurants , even after the Groupon, it was more expensive than just going to another , nicer place . I did inspect their buffet , and their 15 or so selection was far inferior to another place we frequent on North Craig Street , also in Oakland, but with an amazing array of at least 30 different fresh items....sorry Prince of India, but all three of us walked out and will never return :(

• Visited September 2013
“Bad food!”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Being an Indian, I know a thing or two about Indian food and I can certainly say this restaurant serves very bad Indian food. The food is neither authentic nor has any flavor. The food had a stale taste to it as well.

Pittsburgh has a quite a few good Indian restaurants and I would rank this as the worst. Please avoid this restaurant!

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank Monkey-in-town
Pittsdburgh
“A million miles for smiles - A thousand miles for vindaloo.”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

In 1946, Al Jolson made famous a song called "My Mammy" and the most memorable lyric was, "I'd walk a million miles for one of your smiles." In 2012, I actually fly a thousand miles to savor the best vindaloo on the planet.
I moved to Florida a year ago and have been unsuccessfully questing for authentic Indian food ever since. While I dream of Prince's vindaloo, their tandoor chicken tikka is amazing, as is their taarka daal.
I don't miss the snow or the traffic but I certainly do miss Prince of India. I was lucky enough to dine there two weeks ago and will fly back in September for more.

• Visited May 2012