“Hard to find, but worth the search!”
Review of India Garden - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Central Oakland
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We discovered this place through an ad in City Paper listing their specials. My husband loves Indian food, but we don't have an Indian restaurant in our community. I checked this place out on Trip Advisor first. Mixed reviews, mostly good. I went with my husband and our 2 sons, one college age, one 12. We took advantage of the half price entree special, ordered 4 entrees - one super spicey vindaloo, one slightly less spicey, one somewhat spicey chicken india garden, and one mild chicken tikka masala, and garlic naan. Everything was delicious! The service was good and the check -$28. I would love to try their buffet for more variety. Next time.
Location is tricky - 2 blocks from Forbes,on a one way street - Atwood St.You want to come from another street below Forbes not from fifth. Parking on the street is free, but tight. We were lucky.

2  Thank College-Schlepper

Reviewed June 28, 2011

Nice atmosphere and buffet was well stocked and a variety of foods. I don't typically like buffets except Indian food. You can order off the menu at lunch but after viewing the buffet we ate the food and enjoyed it! Actually ate too much!

Reviewed September 5, 2010

This is a good restaurant. The food tastes good, and there is good service. The atmosphere is alright, and the overall value is great. I am positive you would enjoy it.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Pittsburgh. I only enjoy going when certain dishes, like all of the chicken and some biryani dishes are half off, making them about $6.00. Otherwise the dishes are $10+. They ask you the spicy level and a number 9 is very VERY hot, even for someone like me who loves spicy food. The service is good and the staff is friendly if you see them enough. I recommend the Chicken Makhani. They offer Jalabi as a dessert but never have it. They also blast music, some from Bollywood's or Indian artists, but other times they have Akon and similar artists blasting, which can be a bit annoying and/or humorous.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

Great food. We went for the Sunday Night Buffet. The three adults loved the food, great variety. The kids weren't adventurous, but found things on the small plates (appetizer) menu. It wasn’t very busy, but still the service was hit or miss.