“Great place, don't listen to other reviewers”
Review of Crepes Parisiennes - CLOSED

Crepes Parisiennes
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Shadyside
Reviewed August 28, 2012

There are two Crepes Parisiennes in Pittsburgh, one in Shadyside (Walnut/Filbert area) and one in Oakland (Craig street). To me, this is THE gem of the Oakland/Shadyside area. I've had crepes all over the world, and I still love theirs the best.

The one on Craig street is pretty new. It is always perfectly clean and more commercial looking. The Filbert street is the original place. It is much more casual and well, rustic sort of. It's in a basement. It's not meant to be perfect.

At both places the food and staff are professional. This isn't a bar or a hippie place, this is exactly how the staff act in Paris, if you've been there. They have a norm system where you walk in, order, get a number, sit down, and eat. It's not a coffee shop where you sit for hours and use their electricity to do your homework.

This is a delightful, calm, quiet Parisian cafe. If you loved Paris, you love this place.

Also, the food is amazing. I've eaten here at least 200 times. Very consistent. I always get the Icelandic Salmon crepe and then the white forest for dessert.

Bring quarters to park on Craig street. Filbert street has those machines with tickets, park behind the shop in the lot.

Enjoy!

Tips: bring cash - they do not take credit. You won't need much, you can eat lunch for $10.

They do NOT always serve crepes. This is one quirk I never understood. You have to get there ONE HOUR before close to get the savory crepes. It's just their culture, so just get there 1 hour early, or call to see when they stop serving.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I liked being able to see food being made, kitchen seemed clean enough at first glance, but while I was seated I started looking around, The floor was clean in the cnter, but corners and tops of radiators needed a good scrubing. There was a fan blowing toward kitchen in ordering area covered in greasy dust. No hair nets or hat on cooks, Artificial plants covered in dust. Then I went to the ladies room... no toilet paper anywhere! I had to go to the men's room to get some. Thankfully it didn't smell too bad, The ladies room was clean except for the corners. There was a big hole in the wall around plumbing. This is a very old building in the basement,wonder what kind of critters come out at night?
The food was served quickly, hot, tasted great, and very imaginative menu

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've been here twice. Both times the food was delicious and fresh. I took a different relative with me on both visits (neither had eaten crepes before). They both really enjoyed the savory crepes and the salad it came with. Very complimentary. The only tiny complaint I have is that they don't have strawberries as an sweet crepe option. I think there's mixed berry, but I'm just picky. I think they're cash only, so be prepared. It's kind of small inside but the bistro style is kinda cozy. There are a few tables outside, great for a sunny day. The cook/cashier give great suggestions and descriptions.

1  Thank FuturaMochilera
Reviewed April 1, 2012

tiny place in mapleside. Friendly staff. You go down steps, read the menu on the wall and place your order. We ordered espresso and house coffees and split a chocolate(dark) and banana crepe. Everything was good. Crepes divided between sweet and savory. Couple next to us had spinach and egg crepes which they also enjoyed. Small parking lot next to cafe.
Seemed to be students on Saturday afternoon .

1  Thank jaxon27
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The black forest crepe is filled with chocolate that is amazing.