“Loved the frepes” 4 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Shadyside
Frederick, Maryland
“Loved the frepes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

tiny place in mapleside. Friendly staff. You go down steps, read the menu on the wall and place your order. We ordered espresso and house coffees and split a chocolate(dark) and banana crepe. Everything was good. Crepes divided between sweet and savory. Couple next to us had spinach and egg crepes which they also enjoyed. Small parking lot next to cafe.
Seemed to be students on Saturday afternoon .

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank jaxon27

Ithaca, New York
“Taste treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

The black forest crepe is filled with chocolate that is amazing.

Visited March 2012
Washington, D.C.
“Good food, but the staff is ruder than the rudest Parisians...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I've been here several times before and the food is always excellent. However, the rudeness of the staff has finally gotten to me and enough is enough; there are so many other wonderful restaurants in the area that I will have no problem finding somewhere else to spend my money in order to get good food with good service.

My boyfriend and I arrived a little before 2:30pm on Sunday for a late brunch. The restaurant is open until 4pm and at the time we arrived, there were several tables that were filled with happy patrons eating their sweet and savory crepes. There was no line and we walked up to the counter and stood off to the side while we discussed what we'd like to order. My boyfriend had just suggested the smoked salmon crepe when the girl at the counter informed us that they weren't serving any of the savory crepes today. However, the cook was preparing two ham/cheese crepes less than three feet from her as she said this. We weren't happy; I have blood sugar issues and cannot eat a sweet crepe on its own without becoming ill. However, we figured that we'd just get something there and grab something else soon afterward to keep my blood sugar levels steady. We placed our order for two sweet crepes.

As we were paying, my boyfriend asked the counter girl why they weren't serving any savory crepes (mind you, she's saying this AT THE SAME TIME that the cook is folding the two savory crepes he was preparing and placing them on plates to be served to other patrons). The girl responded that they stopped serving savory crepes at an hour before closing. I looked at my boyfriend who checked his watch while I checked my iPhone. He told her that it was just 2:30pm. He then asked if they should be serving the savory crepes until 3pm.

The counter girl changed her tune and said that the reason why they stopped serving them at that time was that they were running out of ingredients for the side dishes for the savory crepes; specifically, she told us that they had run out of the vegetables for the side salads. Right behind her was a large Tupperware container filled with the salad greens and several prepared single-serving containers of the dressing, but I let it go. I assumed that other patrons must've already ordered the savory crepes and therefore, the salad in the container was already spoken for.

We were wrapping up our meal at about 3pm when the counter girl sat down at the empty table next to us for her lunch. She had a plate piled high with salad and mandarin oranges and despite the amount on her plate, there was still not enough there to account for all of the salad that had been in the Tupperware container. The other patrons that I imagined had ordered the savory crepes before us did not exist either. We were left to assume that they simply were not interested in serving us savory crepes.

I would not have had a problem had the counter girl not lied to us. Adhering to restaurant policy is one thing but outright lying to us is quite another. I am a reasonable person and my boyfriend is one of the most easy-going and accepting folks I know; we're fine if you have to limit the menu due to lack of ingredients or time. But to blatantly lie to us? Guess what, Crepes Parisiennes...I don't find that to be acceptable. You can say 'au revoir' to my patronage as I will never visit this location again.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Princeton, NJ
“Keep it a secret”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

I love this place. It's by no means fancy but very good food. I had the blintz crape (for the second time) and my daughter had the crape with lox - both lovely. They have one of the best capaccinos around,

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
USA
“'Cuisine rapide' in Pittsburgh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

The restaurant we went to had the same name though it was located on Craig Street. It was a cheerful spot.. A small dining area with the kitchen in the back - you can actually see the cooks and the food preparation (if you are so inclined). You go up to the counter, place the order, and pay for it (they only take cash - in fact the young man at the counter saw us take out a credit card and said "Just to warn you - I see you are holding a credit card but we only take cash'!). They give you a wooden block with a number on it (your order number). You are instructed to sit anywhere in the room and place the number on the table. They bring the food to your table. After you've eaten, they clear the dishes and clean the table. We found this arrangement to be quite efficient!

We tried the mushroom and cheese crepe with creme fraiche - it was good though we could have done without the melted cheese. The crepe was served with a small salad - the best part. We also trie the breakfast crepe (egg, sausage) with bechamel sauce. Also good. The least attractive part was a group of young ladies who were talking at the top of their voices - the noise they made was somewhat overwhelming at times. Fortunately, they left soon after our meal was served. So we could enjoy it in peace. They also advertised pastries but we did not see any.

• Visited August 2011