“Wonderful Food”

Dining options: Lunch
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful Food”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

First off, a problem endemic to all Indian restaurants is the lingering smell of food in your clothes and hair once you've been there. Only in NYC have I found an Indian restaurant that evacuated the smell of food effectively.

With that out of the way, I am very happy with both the quality of food and efficiency of service. As others have pointed out, this is consistently one of the best Indian restaurant in the city of Pittsburgh. The owners have recently renovated and expanded the restaurant, which makes it brighter and spacious.

I always order off the menu as I do not like buffets. Food is prepared quite fast and delivered to your table by smiling and friendly wait staff. I highly recommend making the trip to eat at this restaurant if you are in the mood for good, tasty Indian food.

London, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, good service and reasonable prices, all the makings of a good night out.”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Restaurant currently does not have a liquor license, however we were advised by staff that this would be in place by the end of October. They do allow BYO. I thought the staff were very friendly and efficient. Extensive menu, great choices for both vegetarians and meat lovers. Would definitely return.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Amazing food at tremendous prices”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

If you are looking for great Indian food this is the place! It is in a suburb north of Pittsburgh near the shopping malls. There are so many options on the menu including vegetarian , beef, chicken, lamb, and goat. Service is genuinely friendly and helpful. BYOB allowed and no corkage fee.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“The Best Indian Buffet Around”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We visit the Taj for lunch every time we pass through Pittsburgh. Without question, they offer the best buffet that we've ever seen in our travels about North America: many options, hot and cold; many levels of spicy, mild to the zippy lentil and vegetable soup that I started with today and which isn't finished with me yet, hours later; lots of vegetables plus traditional meat dishes of chicken and goat; and several interesting and tasty deserts, including a cream of wheat pudding that not even my mother would recognize. The atmosphere is pretty nice (given the relatively recent upgrade) and the tables set up perfectly for hitting the buffet multiple times. The very family oriented owners and staff are friendly and on the ball, removing plates, filling glasses and, best of all, keeping the buffet table filled and fresh and hot. Here's a buffet tip: don't put more than three different items on your plate at one time, such as tandori chicken and two vegetables. Then you get to focus your attention on only a few things, and if there's one that you don't like for one reason or another, you won't get it again. Savor simply, we say! Certainly don't load up your plate with a dozen items, letting them all flow together and get cold... and letting you forget even what you put on the plate. Savor simply and enjoy this very good restaurant.

• Visited June 2012
Pittsburgh
“I've never been to India, but I've been to the Taj”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I've only been to a few Indian resturants and I can honestly say this one has been the best. I know I've had reserves in past about Indian food because the stereotypes of some resturants being dirty. The Taj Mahal very clean, and not to mention all the food on the buffet was super fresh. I highly recommend this place especially to folks who may have never had Indian food before. There are some dishes that are worth a try. The naan here is very delicious. PS the little bowl at the register thats filled with colorful little treats..yeah its not chocolate or mints...fennel what the heck is fennel?

• Visited April 2012