“Great food plus great value!”

Kassab's Restaurant
Ranked #319 of 2,173 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great food plus great value!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Make sure you try shank of lamb - outstanding!
BYOB helps:)

Visited March 2012

sdrst17
“A relaxed atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I eat here when in town for business because:
1) The food rocks
2) The food rocks
3) The food rocks

I took a colleague with me last night and - you guessed it - the food rocked. Kassab's hummus makes me jealous because I can't get even close to making it that well at home. The presentation is simple, with nice flavor and good service.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank sdrst17
Jackson, Michigan
“Maybe a bad night buy this place was TERRIBLE”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Wow - perhaps we caught this place on a bad night based on the reviews here - but our meal was just plain terrible in all regards. I struggled to even give this place two stars.

Granted - I spent some time in the Middle East and experienced Lebanese food first hand for two weeks. It became some of my favorite food on Earth. Kassab's was nothing at all like this. The Baba G. that we ordered as an app was pretty tasty but the flat bread was cold and pulled right out of the bag (not homemade). The meat pie was soggy, the dough still raw, and the meat had a strange taste to it. Last and worst of all was the kabobs which is the keystone of Lebanese food. I am going to be blunt here - but these were some of the worst I have ever had. The chicken was not seasoned and was PAN FRIED!!!! Kababs are supposed to be grilled or grilled over charcoal. This was basically chicken breast and lamb browned in a pan with olive oil.

Ouch - never, never, never again.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank andrew_branham
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great choice for lunch”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I recently met friends here on a Saturday for lunch and all of us enjoyed our food. We shared the appetizer platter that included hummus, baba, olives and a few other things. It was fabulous. The hummus was some of the best that I have had, very creamy and full of flavor. I also ordered a side salad that was huge and ended up taking it home since the appetizer platter was so good and very filling.

I have ordered take-out meals before from here but eating in seems a much better option.

Can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2012
Pittsburgh
“Friends' recommendation.”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Friends told me if I liked Middle Eastern food I should try Kassab's. Excellent food! The hummus is terrific & the cooked kibbee was very good too. I will return to sample other dishes.