“Great view, sparse decor, OK food”

The Grandview Saloon
Ranked #256 of 2,225 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located on scenic Mt. Washington, we are Pittsburgh's premiere restaurant and USDA Prime chop house. In addition to providing a spectacular view and ambiance, we feature delicious meals prepared by passionate and dedicated chefs, served to you by a cour-teous and knowledgeable waitstaff. We also offer carefully selected wines and fresh fruit martinis. Whether you are looking for a relaxing dinner experience or just getting together for drinks with friends, the Grandview Saloon & Coal Hill Steakhouse is the perfect place to go. We offer a unique dining experience like no other restaurant in Pittsburgh. There are several options to consider when choosing to dine with us. Our outdoor patio and upper deck overlooks the city and provides an amazing view of the Point, Heinz Field and PNC Park. The main dining room offers the same beautiful view but with a fine dining ambiance. Our Mezzanine is perfect for private dining and special occasions. You can always catch the game in our bar area while enjoying the view of the city. Reservations are encouraged if you are interested in dining with us. Please visit the contact us or special occasions section of our site for more information.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We took out-of-town visitors to the Grandview Saloon for dinner after enjoying a ride up the Incline and time snapping photos of the fabulous view from the Incline's observation deck. The view out the huge windows at the Grandview Saloon was equally fabulous, although I was disappointed by the very sparse and basically colorless interior of the restaurant itself. The wine choices and beer choices were good and the menu was adequate. We liked the relaxed and reasonably priced selection of sandwiches, salads and entrees. Our server was very pleasant and attentive. The food was good, but nothing special. We really liked the fact that we were able to reserve a window table (with an advanced $25 charge to my credit card). Overall, I'd say we will likely return to the Grandview Saloon, but it hasn't moved onto our local Top 10 of favorite restaurants.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband, son, daughter, and my mom ate lunch here on Friday, September 14, 2012. View, spectacular. Food: very mediocre and pricey. Even worse, one of our sandwiches had mold on the bread. It was wisked away and brought back with new sweet potato fries (which were fine and all I wanted to have) and a new sandwich, 20 minutes after everyone else finished their meals. No apologies. No, what would you like us to do? We were not offered to have the cost removed from our bill ( really?) or asked if we wanted it remade. Even worse, one of our party got violent food poisoning 2 hours later from their crab cake sandwich meal.

Absolutely will never return and absolutely don't recommend this restaurant. Go eat in the city.... stay off of Grandview Ave unless you go to LeMont's. However, expect to pay several hundred dollars for the view an meal at that restaurant.

1  Thank littlemoose
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We recently celebrated our Anniversary in Pittsburgh PA and took the Incline up Mt. Washington to eat. We were so hungry we just picked this restaurant as it was one of the first one's we came to. We actually were there very early in the evening before the evening crowd so we basically had the restaurant to ourselves. Our waitress was very pleasant and eager to please us. She was also very willing to answer all our many questions about the area. It was a nice setting. One of the best things about this place was the view! It was such a beautiful view of Pittsburgh. The food was amazing as well. I had the Coconut Chicken,and the garlic mashed potatoes both of which were so good! We ate inside as the weather was quite humid that day and we wanted a more elegant setting for our anniversary, however I would definetly go back to enjoy sitting outside on the deck area as well.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Explanation...They use black, designed paper napkins that have the look of cloth.
I am very choosy about Italian food. If it is not in Italy or the Northeast USA, I am skeptical about the sauce. Well, that belief went out the window. Great eggplant and the sauce...I thought I was back in Brooklyn on Sunday.
Another place where it is good to let them know you are a tourist...My only question...is everyone in Pittsburg friendly?

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Loved this restaurant! The food was outstanding. I had the two crab cakes with asparagus, a martini and glass of water. I took one crab cake back to the hotel. The food was more than enough. Ask about their outstanding deserts. I saw a colossal piece of chocolate cake.