“WHAT A VIEW OF THE BURGH!”
Review of Georgetowne Inn - CLOSED

Georgetowne Inn
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
“WHAT A VIEW OF THE BURGH!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

There are restaurants and then there are restaurants with a view. The Georgetown has it all. Great food, reasonable pricing, nice dining atmosphere and the view of Pittsburgh is spectacular! NO ONE DOES IT BETTER!

Visited August 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I bought a groupon for Georgetowne Inn. I thought it was strange that a nice restaurant on Mt. Washington needed a groupon, but after my experience I can see that they are clearly struggling. The place was empty at 9:30 on a Friday night, but maybe they cater to an older crowd. We had the steak and chicken broccoli alfredo. I could have easily made both much better at home. The dishes lacked flavor, which was upsetting since I expect food so expensive to much better than homemade. All I could think was how much flavor the food lacked. The pecan ice cream ball was drenched in generic chocolate sauce, and, again, would've been better at home. The "cheese board" consisted of 4 ritz crackers each with a small triangle of cheap cheese. The view is nice, but you can stand next the building and see the same thing. Overpriced even with a $40 groupon that gives you, what they consider, an $80 dinner for two. I know it was a groupon, but their goal should be to make you want to come back not write a bad review.

• Visited February 2013
pittsburgh pa
“Extremely Disappointing”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Our experience was an eye opener!!!!!!!! On Saturday night the establishment was half full...a sign of what was to come!! The place was FREEZING. The dinner was WAY OVERPRICED with tasteless food,marginal service and a definite reliance on past preformance tells me to go and find a an alternative!!!! The view was AWESOME...BUT...save your money and go to the incline next door with takeout from the " Golden Arches".

• Visited February 2013
Pittsburgh
“down hill not worth it”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I purchased this groupon twice for this restaurant. The first time we thought it was fair and maybe a bad day at the restaurant. The second time, a two days ago, we thought it was not good at all. You have three choices for the main meal which is fine. We ordered one steak and one salmon. The steak was so thin and didn't taste very good. The salmon had no taste at all, seriously. We asked the waitress if the meal we received would be the same one if we didn't have the groupon and she said yes. If we had to pay full price, i would have been extremely disappointed. Being it was a groupon, i was only a little disappointed. We will not be back. The chocolate cake is absolutely delicious, the best part of the meal. The mushroom caps were small and ok.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank JulieMCCoy
Pittsburgh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“pleasant surprise”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

After buying a groupon we read a number of poor reviews. Not expecting much we went anyways. And boy are we glad we did. We had an early dinner and sat by the window with a great view of the city. The appetizer and dessert was large enough to share especially after the large portion for dinner. I had the chicken alfredo which was the best I ever had. Even if we had been expecting an excellent meal, it would have been more than expected. The service, atmosphere, view and food were all great. What more could you want for a night out on the town!

• Visited January 2013