“Extremely Disappointing”

Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Our experience was an eye opener!!!!!!!! On Saturday night the establishment was half full...a sign of what was to come!! The place was FREEZING. The dinner was WAY OVERPRICED with tasteless food,marginal service and a definite reliance on past preformance tells me to go and find a an alternative!!!! The view was AWESOME...BUT...save your money and go to the incline next door with takeout from the " Golden Arches".

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I purchased this groupon twice for this restaurant. The first time we thought it was fair and maybe a bad day at the restaurant. The second time, a two days ago, we thought it was not good at all. You have three choices for the main meal which is fine. We ordered one steak and one salmon. The steak was so thin and didn't taste very good. The salmon had no taste at all, seriously. We asked the waitress if the meal we received would be the same one if we didn't have the groupon and she said yes. If we had to pay full price, i would have been extremely disappointed. Being it was a groupon, i was only a little disappointed. We will not be back. The chocolate cake is absolutely delicious, the best part of the meal. The mushroom caps were small and ok.

1  Thank JulieMCCoy
Reviewed January 27, 2013

After buying a groupon we read a number of poor reviews. Not expecting much we went anyways. And boy are we glad we did. We had an early dinner and sat by the window with a great view of the city. The appetizer and dessert was large enough to share especially after the large portion for dinner. I had the chicken alfredo which was the best I ever had. Even if we had been expecting an excellent meal, it would have been more than expected. The service, atmosphere, view and food were all great. What more could you want for a night out on the town!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had purchased a Groupon for dinner for 4 at the Georgetowne Inn and it was due to expire this weekend so we used it. In the past we had purchased a Groupon and were very pleased however, this time, not so much. The interior of the inn has not changed in years and it is in need of some serious TLC and cleaning. The selection on the coupon was very limited to a choice of 2 appetizers, 4 entrees and 2 desserts for 4 people. The food was mediocre at best, the cheese plate consisted of 4 round crackers with a small piece of cheese on them. The stuffed mushroom caps were very strong tasting, the breaded zucchini was okay. My husband and I had the strip steak, they were lukewarm, as well as the baked potatoes. The other couple with us had the salmon and broccoli and chicken pasta and it was not the best either. The best part of the dinner was dessert, we ordered one pecan ball and one Peach Melba and they were good. Our server was very nice and attentive. I would hesitate to go back there again and pay full price for sub par food.

1  Thank cynthia_sue
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We saw the reviews and had low expectations before we bought our Groupon for the prix fixe deal ($76 for 4 adults - 2 apps, 4 entrees, & 2 desserts).
They didn't have our reservation correct - but, managed to get us a great table upstairs with an excellent (corner) view. It was chilly in this corner - so, dress in layers or warmly.
the service was painfully slow - we sat there 2 1/2 hours!
The "original" bill before Groupon was almost $200. LOL - seriously?? I just ate a grade above Denny's type of food?! If I was paying anymore than we did - I would have spoken to the manager.
3 choices of apps, 3 choices of entree & 3 desserts to pick from. The shrimp cocktail app had 4 med size shrimp ($10); my NY strip (8 oz) $($35) was paperthin - the pecan ball was the best - but, not real ice cream?
Extra upcharge for a side salad or bread!?
nope - not me again.