“an old standby...maybe too old”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Georgetowne Inn - CLOSED

Georgetowne Inn
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“an old standby...maybe too old”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Went into Pgh and found we had time before seeing "Chicago" so we went up to Mt Washington for dinner. In the past, we always took out of town guests here to show off the city and were always pleased with the food. It has been quite a while since we were last here.

The dining room is so dark - probably so that you don't see how dated it is. Seriously, I could barely read the menu. The bathroom is very old and in need of some TLC too. We ordered the Prime Rib and were very disappointed. It was a generous size but tough and when we mentioned it to the waitress she said that she was concerned about it. Apparently it had not been cooking all day as it should have. When she took it back, the cook agreed (why did they try to serve it to us?) It took some time, but eventually we had replacement meals that were fine. Then we had to hurry off to the show. Disappointed that our old stand by wasn't as good as I remember and next time we will probably not risk it for the price you pay.

The view is still good!

• Visited November 2012

Alexandria, Virginia
“Great View, Descent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

A few friends of mine and myself attended a conference close by and decided to have dinner at the Georgetown Inn. Even though the food wasn't top of the line, at least it descent especially for the price. Comparing the price to the amount provided, I did receive a good value. The view to the city was spectacular. I would recommend using the valet parking for $5 instead of self parking across the street for $10.

Visited November 2012
Pottsboro, Texas
“Bad service and average food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We were a party of six. It was lunch time, and there was not that many customers in the place. The wait for our food was long, and the food was not made as requested. One waitress was taking all of the orders, and everyone appeared like they did not want to be there. Very disappointing. We will not go back.

Texas
“Great view.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

The great view is best enjoyed from the outside. Once you enter be prepared to overpay fo sub par food and horribly slow service. My steak was overdone and lacked flavor. I had to add salt and pepper to everything in hopes to pull out an ounce of taste. The average price of each menu item was over $30. No reason to give this one another chance.

Pittsburgh
“Underwhelming at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My son and I took my husband here for his birthday. We hadn't been there in probably 25 years. Well, nothing had changed. Outdated decor including dark wood paneling and oddly stuccoed ceilings - like stalactites. The menu had not kept up with the times either. I had overcooked salmon with an odd grainy sauce. The cheese plate consisted of 5 water crackers with some sliced colby-jack triangles.

The place has a fantastic view of the city. If they would only bring the decor and the menu into the new millenium.

• Visited September 2012