“Freshly prepared food”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Oakland
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I prefer going here to a Chi-Chi's or On the Border because the food just tastes better. If you like guacamole Mad Mex makes theirs from scratch and it is heavenly.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I liked this restaurant chain so much, I looked for another location while in Pittsburgh!

There is some street parking that uses meters, but otherwise, carpooling seems like the best bet.

I ordered the chicken and veggie quesadilla lunch special, which came with a small side salad (get the blue cheese dressing!). The quesadilla was packed with chicken and veggies, but very little cheese, which is the opposite of most places! I also asked for guacamole and sour cream on the side, and the portions for the price were very healthy. The lunch special pricing is very good for the size of what is served.

I also ordered the seasonal margarita (apple) which is excellent. I ordered a strawberry margarita as well, but it took a long time to get to me, and I didn't have a chance to finish it before I had to leave.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Pittsburgh Local Staple...great for drinks, delicious mexican meals (not really traditional mexican but very delicious) and a great fun attitude. Separate bar and dining area, dim lighting and great margaritas!! MMMM....I like the Chicken Chimi, Black Bean Quesadini, and Nachos or Pickadippa (3 dip appetizers). 6 or more locations in Pgh so come and visit! I go there like twice a month!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

There are plenty of great micro brews to choose from. But other than that I'd say skip it. The mexican food isn't authentic. Normally that would be alright. But it just isn't good. Service is inconsistent. Not one of the Big Burrito groups best offerings. Try Soba instead.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Our family dined here after visiting the Museum of Natural History. The food was really really good. They have some unique options with their Mexican fare such as Pennsyltucky fried tofu. It was so yummy. The portions were quite large. They have vegan cheese and sour cream available to substitute which made my son very happy. Only negative comment is that it was very dimly lit, could barely read my menu.