“GOING DOWNHILL RAPIDLY”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Bloomfield
Reviewed October 9, 2013

When my business relocated to the Bloomfield/Lawrenceville area about 10 years ago, I started eating at Del's about once a week. As each year went by the food and service got worse and worse. I have only been there once in the last year. If it is sub-par on my next visit, I will never go back to this once wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I spent an enjoyable evening having a meal at Del's. It's located right on main street in Bloomfield so parking can be a little tricky, but there is metered parking on the street.
The atmosphere is very nice and the place has a glow about it in the evening. I love Italian food and I tried the pasta and marinara along with the bruschetta. Both were very delicious. I highly recommend.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We just celebrated our family reunion at Del's today. I can't believe that this was a Robert Irvine makeover as I can hear him screaming about the tasteless chicken marsala with the canned mushrooms I had today. A fly landed on my bread and the ceiling was water stained. Bathrooms downstairs were gross with no t.p. We had a nice time with our family (a party of about 40) but would never want to go there ordinarily.

1  Thank ScubadiverNskiier
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We went to Dels for lunch to celebrate my daughter enlisting in the military because she loves their Malfalda sauce. Well for starters it was so hot in the dining area, doors were open, no air that it was totally uncomfortable. Our waiter seemed to have a hangover, was impaired and had no personality. He was clearly miserable and extremely slow. Our spaghetti was precooked and tough and watery. The salad lettuce was brown and gross. The service was terrible and we felt like this was a flop lunch. What a way to celebrate.

Dels was our favorite place to go eight years ago, but now it is a terrible place to go which is sad because with proper management and better food preparation, this place could make it. This time it was like being served leftovers. I cannot understand why the owners have let this place go.

I must add that our table was sticky and the carpet needed swept and it was only 1:30 in the afternoon. Save your money and go somewhere else, don't let the specials draw you in because like I mentioned, the quality of the food is not worth it. The male waiter who waited on us (Thursday afternoon) should quit because he clearly does not want to be there. That's sad too because he has been working there for a long time.

Again, stay away, you may be disappointed or get sick from the old spoiled food.

3  Thank Linda H
Reviewed July 15, 2013

A family place with lots of memories.

As for the food. Okay. Nothing Special. Fortunately, it is reasonably priced. Its pecan ball was huge and delicious. As for the entrees, you get what you pay for...like I said nothing special. Del's has definitely lost some of its muster from yesteryear.

4  Thank birdddurr