“Great place to go if your iron is low.”

Green Forest Brazilian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Green Forest Brazilian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 2,167 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great place to go if your iron is low.”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We went to Green Forest on a whim on a family vacation after looking at the list of restaurants on the route from the Zoo to our hotel in Monroeville. This was our daughter's (9) first time to a brazilian bbq. I was impressed with the extent of the hot/cold bar, many different items to try including sushi and other fish items, antipasti, salad, breads and more. The meats were all delicious. My favorites were tenderloins, filets, my husband really liked the beef rib.

We were a little worried when we pulled in, because the lot and the restaurant were empty at 6 pm, but it very quickly became a full restaurant. It is located in an office building and can be a little tricky to find.

• Visited August 2012

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The food is wonderful and the experience is amazing. A place that you don't get to experience everyday. They have 18 different types of meats. The meat comes around quickly. They also have a large assortment of other foods, which are also totoally amazing. If you leave this place hungry at all, it is your fault. You will not be disappointed!!!

• Visited August 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“So much meat, so little time”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

So for those who have never heard of the concept, a Churrascaria is a buffet style restaurant where the buffet comes to your table in the form of many different meats! Just went to Green Forest for my 2nd time, and it was even better than I remember it. The service was quick and friendly with waters constantly refilled. There were 17 different meats and the meat guys came so fast we barely had a chance to eat what we had before the next guy would come with more! Some of the meats were skirt steak, flank steak, pork tenderloin, parmesan crusted filet mignon, bacon wrapped turkey, and the list goes on and on. They also have a salad bar and seafood area that you can help yourself to but I wouldn't waste your time on them as the real attraction to the place is the meat. Apparently it used to be BYOB but I don't believe that is the case now as they had a full bar. This isn't a place I would want to come all the time and the $42 price tag means it's really for bigger eaters or those looking for a novelty dining experience. With that said, I really love this place and definitely look forward to my next time!

• Visited June 2012
“Tudo otimo!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We visit the Green Forest with our friends at least one time a month. The predominantly Brazilian staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The meats, buffet bar, and deserts are absolutely delicious. The cuts vary from day to day; all of which are cooked perfectly. Probably the most mouth-watering and tasty of the meats,would be the picanha, the rotisserie chicken, the Brazliian sausage, the skirt steak, and the hanger steak. My only advice to customers would be to eat very lightly that day before coming because you will have a lot of meat and good food to eat. My other piece of advice would be that anyone wanting a steak experience in Pittsburgh is to spurn Morton's, Ruth Chris, or Capitol Grille, and give this locally owned gem a try. Trust me, you will be back again and again and again.

• Visited June 2012
Houston, Texas
“pricey”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

the variety of meats was good but it seems more like a hain restaurant than the true Brazian style and it isn't cheap expect to spend no less than $40-50 per person with drinks

Visited April 2012