“Enjoyable dinner, good service, casual”
Review of Lidia's

Lidia's
Reserve with OpenTable
Lidia's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 2,173 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th Street
sparta, nj
“Enjoyable dinner, good service, casual”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Got street parking....metered until 6 pm - right near restaurant. Valet parking is $6. Had reservations but got there earlier and were able to be seated. Lidia's son owns a restaurant in NYC - Becco - and we love it so we had to eat at Lidia's. I had the 3 course dinner ($37) - appetizer choice (I selected the heirloom tomato salad with mozzarella and red onion - balsamic drizzle), choice of main course (pan seared scallops with sweet corn puree and sauteed scallops), and choice of dessert. My son had the pasta special with caesar salad and choice of dessert ($35). Tomato salad was tasty - the grape and pear tomatoes were very flavorful, the sliced rounds were less so. The scallops were sublime, the corn puree was a nice touch. The pasta choices were gemelli with sausage, tomatoes, and fennel; fettucine with basil pesto and roasted tomatoes; and goat cheese ravioli. His favorite was the gemelli. Caesar salad had a lighter dressing and was good. As usual the bread basket with bread sticks and two or three different types of breads did him in - all of the items are so delicious that it is difficult to show restraint. Served with two bean spreads - one white bean and one garbanzo with pesto mixed in - and olive oil. We ordered desserts but after a 30 minute wait decided to ask for them to go. Received the desserts packaged to go (minus the coffee ice cream - sadly discovered after we were long gone) and an apology for the delay. Except for the dessert snafu service was flawless. Desserts....hmmm I wasn't as enchanted as I was with the rest of the meal. Despite being made in house they were just not on the same level - had espresso cake drizzled with chocolate sauce (missed the drizzle in the take out version), coffee ice cream (also missed to my great disappointment) and homemade toffee (tasty but not really necessary...). I was not afforded a taste of my son's chocolate torte so I can't comment but I didn't hear any rave reviews. Comfortable dining at table for two until a table of 6 were seated right next to us - this despite a dining room with alot of space. Would I go here again? Yes but I will skip the dessert and indulge in the bread. : )

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
“Nice Italian dinner restaurant”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Its a very nice place. Not too formal or fancy and not to distressed and that's what I liked the most about the place. Food is good, not extraordinary but I have still to try more of their dishes. Waiters are very well trained and professional. They have a good selection of drinks in the bar and its a good spot to have a drink while you wait for your table to be ready or for the rest of your dinner party. The bread sticks there are awsome!

Visited July 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“Ok, but expensive!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Had burrata and 2 glasses of wine $37! Expensive bring money lol, in strip district, so so area, it was ok

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Lidia's...A Cut Above”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I traveled with my wife and youngest daughter from Indiana to your establishment as a surprise (for my wife, Nancy) to celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary on July 23rd, 2013. We take our food and meals seriously, and believe that each time we gather around a table; it should be an event…just like life. Nancy is an outstanding cook…and I stack her expertise up against anyone (we are not Foodies, rather we are all about the love and effort that is put into a fine meal). That’s why it was so important that our celebration dinner needed to be a cut above. WITHOUT EXCEPTION, our experience was something we will speak of for the remainder of our days. Your staff was extremely gracious from the time we pulled up to the front door. As a side note…my daughter was rendered absolutely speechless by the service and quality of the cuisine. I would not have changed anything about our evening…even the pouring rain was important. The young Valet walked each of my girls to the front door while he was getting absolutely drenched. I’m old school…so you can understand why this was important to me I can’t imagine anyone being in Pittsburgh and not visiting Lidia’s. Please send all my best to the entire staff…describing our visit as outstanding just isn’t enough!!!

I’m sending this comment with my most sincere gratitude for a wonderful evening.

Newcastle, Canada
“My wife is a great fan of Lidia's TV cooking show”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Having scheduled and booked ourselves into the Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh-Downtown, my wife informed me that Lidia had a restaurant in Pittsburgh. We made a reservation online for our arrival evening and luckily it was two blocks walk from our hotel.

We both had the Lidia’s Pasta Tasting Trio which included two glasses of house wine each for $35 each. Dessert was a selection of biscotti and other Italian cookies, which we ended up taking back to the hotel in a bag as the food was plentiful and very good.

I was reminded this past weekend with a poor service experience that it was after dining there that my wife became less concerned about the potential for a scene in the face of poor service or food and a somewhat more demanding diner for she still says, "I regret not asking the waiter to replace the cracked dinner plate at Lidia's".

• Visited August 2012