“Several Caribbean selections”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kaya

Kaya
Reserve with OpenTable
Kaya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 2,153 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Strip District
Cross street: 20th Street
Port St Lucie, FL
“Several Caribbean selections”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

A friend and I arrived at 6:00, and were told all inside tables were reserved for the next 2 hours, which was a big surprise. But it was a nice enough day, so we accepted outdoor seating. Waiter was great, and very helpful with menu items. My friend and I shared generous orders of fish tacos
and vegetarian paella - and to our amazement, ate every morsel! Menu seemed a little pricey for the neighborhood, but we enjoyed it.

Chardon, Ohio
“Refreshing and creative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We enjoyed the calamari and the tofu cracklins - great sauce! Our mahi-mahi was very good, but the jerked pulled pork quesadillas which my son had were a bit more exciting. The sangria with the meal was refreshing and not too sweet. Certainly a delicious meal.

Torrance, CA
“A-mazing Cuban sandwich!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was in Pittsburgh for the weekend, and me and my wife were looking for a good place to grab a late lunch in the strip district. A few places we tried to go to were closed (which I thought was odd for a Sunday when both the Pirates and Steelers had home games), so we ended up going to Kaya based on the good reviews onlined.

We got there at around 3:00, and I was upset when I found out that I couldn't order some of the dishes I saw on the online menu, because they don't start serving dinner until 4:00. So I ended up "settling" for the Cuban sandwich. It turned out to be one of the best sandwiches I've ever had in my life. My wife had a chorizo and eggs breakfast dish that she loved also.

So the food was amazing, the place has nice decor, good music at an appropriate (not too loud volume), and the Pirates game on the TV. Next time in Pittsburgh I'd like to go back and try some of the things I didn't get the chance to order off of the dinner menu.

Oh, and the food was very reasonably priced. $10 for an amazing sandwich, waffle fries and some pickles!

Rhinelander, WI
“Pretty good, mon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you like atmosphere, Kaya is the place. It sports a comfortable atmosphere with a Caribbean flavor. OK, they may have gone over the top with the palm tree bar stools, but everything else--staff, food, brick wall, only one TV made it a good place to have a quiet dinner, providing you are there during off hours.

It's easy to see that this may be an energetic, read noisy, place when things are hopping. The food on the limited menu was good, not spectacularly so. And the location in the Strip District is a plus.

Grantsville, Maryland
“Only 1 trip but we'll go back :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stopped at this lovely restaurant for appetizers and a drink on a bike ride through the city. While we can't say too much about the full menu, I very much enjoyed the barbecue tofu appetizer and my son the wings. As another reviewer noted, we would probably forget the 'fancy drinks' the next time although the Mango Mai Tai was very tasty :)