“Over-priced and over-rated”
Review of Le Mont

Le Mont
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Mont is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #270 of 2,210 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2010

We dined at Le Mont recently and this has to rate as one the worst restaurants in the world. The only thing in its favour is the view and frankly you can enjoy that for free at the viewing point about 1/2 mile further along the road. The wait staff are in dire need of training, the food was mediocre, the atmosphere was non-existent. Dessert is served from an open trolley which is wheeled to each table, all the cakes, (only dessert option available it appears) are uncovered, not chilled and exposed to any germs floating around. I thought this method of serving food died out in the 80's but then I guess that about sums this restaurant up. So if you want to re-live the 80's the Le Mont is the place for you. If however you want good food and excellent service then try The Carlton. I

1  Thank zackj

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 27, 2010

ROMANTIC

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We went to Le Mont on 2/13 in a group of 4 couples. I had a seat right next to a window so the view was everything it was cracked up to be. My seat was located over a base board heater, however, that just about cooked me. It was very uncomfortable. The food was overpriced for the quality. I had a veal dish that was bland at best. The portions are big but I'd rather have better food. The interior is over-the-top French and looks like it belongs in the restaurant scene from Pretty Woman. My HUGE complaint was the service. All the staff at Le Mont have obviously been there forever. Our waiter seemed aloof and almost truly bored! Our dishes/water guy was obnoxious and rough, like a bull in a china shop. I agree with a previous review. Food was nearly thrown at you, there was no time allowed between courses and he wanted to take your plates away asap. He asked my wife "if she was done" with her salad five times! Finally she just ignored him. You can get better service and way better food at any one of Pittsburgh's non-Mount Washington places. We ate at Eleven in the Strip a few weeks ago and it was excellent.

1  Thank Pittsburgh_PAFamily5
Reviewed October 8, 2009

If you are looking for a restaurant that offers not only excellent service and a view that is to die for, but also a great menu selection that will make your taste buds tingle, then the Lemont Restaurant is the place to be. While the crystal chandelier and tasteful decor is easy on the eyes, the view of The Point and Heinz Field frpm the glass wall will dazzle them. This is truly a 5-Star dining experience and a "must"

Reviewed September 20, 2009

My husband and I visited the LeMont to celebrate his birthday this weekend. I have been to LeMont several times in the past for parties and weddings, but this was my first time for a sit down romantic dinner with just the two of us.

Let me start with the postives: The service and view were excellent. Our waiter Mike was very attentive and he made us feel very comfortable during our fine dining experience. The view was spectacular and we could not have asked for better seating, right by the front windows. The waiter surprised my husband with a slice of cake for his birthday that was on the house. The dining room was beautiful in a retro kind of way, with lovely crystal chandeliers and gold trimmings. I felt a bit transported back in time, but I like that!

The only negative that I can comment on would be the food. Since this is such a pricey restaurant, this negative is a biggie. The food was just OK. Nothing really stood out and made us go "wow." The brie appetizer was good, but served with far too much chutney...it was swimming. The tomato and mozerella salad was also good, but the tomatoes were pink and the balsamic reduction was just too much and too overpowering. My stuffed veal entre had potential, but unfortunately the veal was very tough and the veggies on the side were raw (beans and carrots)...it seems like they were just blanched and not cooked. The mashed potatoes were very dry and crumbly.

In summary, this is a very lovely restaurant that just falls short of commanding such high prices. Our meal with one appetizer, two salads, two entrees, and a 1/2 bottle of wine came in at $160 plus tips for the waiter and maitre 'd. So for over $200 out of pocket, we were a bit bummed about our overall experience.