“Great View Bad Food”
Review of Le Mont

Le Mont
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Mont is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #273 of 2,204 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2009

The soup was subpar. The appetizer was gross. The entrees were disgusting. Ordered shrimp and scallops... the meal consisted of three scallops encrusted in some sort of tasteless bread crumbs and a pile of tiny salad shrimp encrusted in the same. I didn't even like the house salad dressing.

A PILE OF SALAD SHRIMP AT A PLACE THAT BOASTS OF AAA 5 STAR RATINGS.

I did find the service to be excellent, but it had better be with that food they're serving.

We were in from out of town and were expecting a fine dining experience to rival that which we have had in similarly billed restaurants in other cities...

It was shockingly bad.

I don't know how this place is still in business.

Take your date to Applebees and look at a postcard of the Pittsburgh skyline... the food will be better and you'll save a hundred bucks.

1  Thank businesstraveler614

Reviewed July 17, 2009

The Le Mont only allows the option of "on a consumption basis" when using the bar for a private event. Before booking, the event planner gave us a "standard range" (low - high) of the bar cost for a party of our size. Many of our guests were under 21 or not drinkers, so we were expecting to easily fall within the range.

HOWEVER, during the event, the waiters would pour a full glass of wine for a guest & it seemed almost seconds after the guest stepped away from the table (to dance to a song or take a picture) the waiter would come back to the table and clear the still full glass of wine. This also happened when people got drinks at the bar and carried them back to the table; as soon as the guest momentarily stepped away from the table, someone would come and clear the still full and still cold drink. Needless to say, our bar bill was almost DOUBLE what the HIGH estimate was because the waiters kept DUMPING OUT OUR GUESTS FULL DRINKS!!! Was it a ploy to get a higher tip because of the higher cost? Most guests assumed that the bar was a flat rate (as it usually is for weddings), so rather than complaining to the staff, would just go get a refill.

The view is amazing & the food is ok, but BE PREPARED TO BE ON ALERT FOR THE STAFF USING THIS SCAM TO RAISE YOUR BAR BILL.

1  Thank SKM381
Reviewed May 7, 2009

I live in Pittsburgh and I still think the view is amazing. The food, not so amazing. I paid $45 for dinner and a salad and it was below average. I could go into the details but but everyone has a different opinion about what is good. The 3 other people I was with thought the place was wonderful. I think the great view took their minds off the food.

Reviewed November 24, 2008

Le Mont is Le Terrible unless you are looking for a night of poor service at a huge cost. I had a surprise Steeler weekend planned for my boyfriend for his birthday. It was Saturday night and we had reservations at this restaurant. I had requested a window seat so we could overlook Pittsburgh and Heinz Field . We got the window view, which happened to also be right in the view of a column. It took 35 minutes and 3 waiters to get a glass of "wine". Don't ever get their house wine because Franzia out of a box tastes better. We were asked if we wanted water and both of our glasses already had water. It was obvious that our 5 star dinner was a back yard b.b.q. The waitress poured our wine as if she were filling our cup from a keg. The only time she paid attention to us was when it was time to pay the bill. The gentleman there was a jerk as well because we didn't like the boxed wine. We are wine drinkers...we know the difference. When you plan a special weekend at a 5 star restaurant, it's only natural to expect exceptional service. Save your money for the stadium!!!

1  Thank klopper44
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 10, 2008

It's really good but thats what you pay for.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook