“Billion Dollar View”
Review of Le Mont

Le Mont
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Mont is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #279 of 2,167 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Long Beach, California
“Billion Dollar View”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had dinner here with 50 other people for a wedding rehearsal dinner. The restaurant is known for it's lamb and so I had a rack that was as good as any I have ever had.I had a bite of my husbands seabass and it was very nice!The appetizers that were served weren't up to 5 star status however. This may not be fair to say because after all they were serving 50 people,the ahi was cooked well done.
I would return with a smaller party as the view and service were outstanding.

3 Thank PeggyChism

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Amazing view with equally impressive food”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is one of the grand old restaurants in Pittsburgh. I love eating here. It is a bit pricy, but worth every penny, with it's breathtaking views of the city of Pittsburgh to it's attention to every detail of your meal.

Alexandria, Virginia
“No view comparable”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

So, this place is a throwback to a time when people dressed up and went out to a special place for a special occasion, expecting excellent service, quiet fine dining in an opulent setting. Crystal chandeliers dimly lighting the room dominated by the spectacular view of the Pittsburgh skyline. Waiters in jackets, towels draped over their arms. Gilded paint on the ceilings. Food was fine, go for the service and the view. Truly worth it!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Lemont’s is more than food... a Pittsburg postcard from 1959”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I am sure you have read other advisor reviews on the view; all true…so I wont go on about that.

For our family it‘s classic, nostalgic Pittsburgh. Opened in 1959 it is out of another era and when you arrive, you are transported to the swankier part the 60’s. We are out-of-towners and went the first time for my 45th birthday. Since then we have been there about six or seven times and when we go we dress a little fancier than we would at other places and we fit right in.

There are a lot of sincere “huns” and “sweeties” from this polite old pro staff much of whom has been there since it opened. More than once we heard a Betty or a Sam say: “I should retire but what am I ‘gonna do if I don’t work here?” Are these folks friends of my parents?? The bar looks like it invented the whiskey sour or the Gin Gimlet. It butts next to a small raised piano stage with live entertainment. When we gone they have played classics like Satin Doll, and Sinatra… one or two of older couples got up and danced… They are friends of my parents!

Their Caesar salad that is made by your tableside is yes, a classic and is bar none. I always have it with a big Cab. They come to your table with the deserts and have the usual suspects but we always take the bananas foster, which is NOT on the desert cart. Rum, brown sugar and bananas that are flamed at tableside too. I don’t know any where else I would find a place like this

Somewhere in the middle of the view and the theatre of it all is the main course: If food is you absolute focus there are newer restaurants that would trump this one in a game of bridge. But it’s still very good especially if you stick to the meat and potato type dishes or the simple fish. One other tip: It books up very fast. So, if you plan to make reservations the night before all that will be left is times around 5:30 and the live entertainment starts much later when they have it.

• Visited September 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
“Amazing view, great food good service”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This restaurant has an amazing view on downtown Pittsburgh from Mt. Washington. The seafood and steaks we got were excellent but a bit pricey. Service very nice. It's all about the location!

Visited September 2012