“Disappointing in most respects”
Review of Le Mont

Le Mont
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Mont is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #284 of 2,159 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Louis
“Disappointing in most respects”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Pros: Great view and service in the dining room.
Cons: Good but not great food, terrible service in the bar, very noisy.
We arrived early and went to the bar to wait. The service there was terrible, very slow, inattentive, the bartenders also rude and impatient, even though it wasn't a busy night. The so-called signature cocktails were no better than you would expect in a much less expensive restaurant. They had live music, a piano player (who was OK) and a female vocalist who was loud and untalented. It was surprising to have such a loud volume of music in the dining room. We asked to be seated as far as possible away from that, and ended up being seated next to the open door to a large room with a loud wedding reception in full swing. Again, an unpleasant surprise in what was supposed to be a nice restaurant. The food was good, not great, along the lines of many a three-star restaurant. The only thing that stopped me from giving this two stars (due to the noise) was the great service from the dining room staff. I'd say that Le Mont has an identity crisis that needs to be resolved. Are you a honky-tonk and wedding reception hall, or a fine dining establishment?

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous view and good food”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Recently had dinner with some friends and we were wowed by the view. The waitstaff was very attentive and we mostly thought the food was quite good. A great dessert cart led to some tasty choices. All in all a very good experience.

Delray Beach, Florida
“Awful Foor, Great View”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

While back in Pittsburgh for a high school reunion I wanted to show off one of the most magnificant views in the country to a friend's wife visiting Pittsburgh for the first time. I couldn't decide which restaurant to take my friends to so I decided on the LaMont because I had been there many times in the past and remembered it as pricey but with decent food and that wonderful view. I ordered the special which was stuffed lobster. When it arrived I was overwhelmed by the strong fishey smell. I should have sent it back right then but didn't want to create a fuss as the setting was so beautiful. The lobster was just disgusting, chewey and old. The other three members in my party had duck (tasteless, extremely dry and over cooked) strip steak (tough and tasteless) and a filet (no complaint). Our tab was over $400 and I felt totally ripped off. So, goodbye to a grand old restaurant. You have certainly seen much better day. The empty restaurant, on a weekend, should have been my first clue. My fault...I was warned by my friends still living in the Burgh. the view, however, was just as I remembered it...breathtaking.

1 Thank SantaFeGirl2000
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good food and view”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The food and view here is great, but for the same price and experience, I prefer Isabella, just down the street from LaMont.

Visited July 2012
Cordova, Alaska
“Beautiful spot,great views!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I attended a friends wedding ceremony and reception here. Gorgeous! Being a native Pittsburgher, I truly appreciated the view from Mt. Washington. What a sight! Dining while overlooking such an awesome city was unforgettable. The food was also de-licious!!! The valet service was also great, since, if you have ever been to Pittsburgh,or Mt. Washington, you know how the streets are,steep,sometimes narrow, and not fun to park on! I can't wait to go back, for a romantic dinner with my guy!

Visited September 2011