“Wasn't That Great”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I ate here once hearing that they made excellent Veal Parmasen. The restaurant itself appears like an older greasy spoon diner/bar and could use improvement in that sense. The food quantities were large but the food itself could've tasted better. Overall, it wasn't good enough to come back to, Im glad I tried it but I wont be returning.

There are newer reviews for Big Jim's Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Came to Big Jim's on the recommendation of diners drive ins and dives! What a good decision. The staff was friendly and the food was huge!! The prices couldn't be beat and the beer cold! I had the Chicken sandwich which you've got to try! The place hasn't been renovated in a decade or two, but it adds to the charm of the place. The home made ranch dressing is also a treat. I would suggest anyone who's going to be in pittsburgh to check this place out!

2  Thank D2135
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is a Pittsburgh restaurant that has been around forever. The very first time I went was back in 1998 when a friend took me and I was hesitant because it looked gritty and not in a great area but my expereince was fantastic!!! The food was great, portions huge... service was great! I would definitely recommend when visiting the "Burgh" Now living in Atlanta I miss being home in Pittsburgh and eating good and wholesome food. The best Italian food is IN Pittsburgh!!!

1  Thank ATLTravelDiva
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We are down here for a girls hockey tournament. We heard about this place on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. We called in advance. They kept the restaurant open for us. 17 Teenagers and 23 parents showed up. Sevice was great. Portions wer huge. Food was excellent.

This place is in an old part of town. Sign says in business since 1977. Don't expect a modern place,its pretty dated. We went for the food and it lived up to expectations.

2  Thank Jdp60
Reviewed July 15, 2013

A gritty bar scene. Not the cleanest place. But great italian food. Any pasta dish is amazing. Get one with melted cheese on it.

And its wedding soup is as good as advertised. A must. The best wedding soup I've ever had.

6  Thank birdddurr