“Amazing Food & Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Amazing Food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Davio's is a neighborhood gem! I highly recommend going here hungry and saving room for dessert. We were here this past week & used a coupon & were still treated like royalty. Personally I recommend the filet and lobster but everything on the menu is excellent.

“Not worth the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I expected to have a nice dinner out and chose Davio as a treat to ourselves. We were stunned that prices of the restaurant did not match the food and service that we actually received. For a restaurant with entrees routinely in the $50-$70pp range, you expect a certain quality of service that just wasn't there.

The food was good, but not amazing. The bread, salad, and deserts were quite good, but neither entree was presented at a level that you would expect for that dollar amount. Not bad at all, but not extraordinary either.

What really got me was the service. When my wife chose her desired entree and placed her order, the waitress indicated that they were out. That would have been nice to know in advance of picking the order, so it took time for her to chose another option. The wait staff was constantly reaching across the table to serve me or refill my water, etc. instead of properly coming around to the side of the table to do so. Empty drinks were not refilled in a timely fashion. Timing on the dinner was off to the point that I was still eating my salad when I had to push it aside in favor of my diner plate. No one ever followed up on whether we enjoyed the meal. These are the kinds of things I might expect at a chain restaurant, but when you are paying superior prices, you expect to get superior service as well.

I won't grade harshly on the loud raucous table behind us disturbing the atmosphere of this "romantic" setting to the point that I couldn't hear the waitress mumbling through the specials. But it was a major distraction from our meal and didn't help my opinion of the place.

So, while the food was ok, we're not planning on eating there again. We can get better food and much better service for a much more reasonable price in many other places around town.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank clarkbhm
“Yes, You Can Afford Davio - for Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Davio has a reputation for being quite pricey and that's true for dinner. But on Sundays they serve breakfast from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. Not only will you pay about what you'd pay at Pamela's or Bob's or Eat 'n Park, you'll get better food and a much nicer atmosphere. Seating is limited, so hurry in before the "after church breakfast crowd" catches on.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank MaritaGodfrey
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

By far, the best crabcakes and lobster bisque I've ever had. The little appetizers the server presents before ordering were amazing!

Visited August 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Start...Not So Great Finish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were part of a larger party celebrating at this quaint restaurant. Everything was fine in the beginning. We loved that it is BYOB. The appetizers, bread (exceptionally good) and salads were perfect. The entrees, that is another story. The veal was great (house specialty), however, the specials of the day...not so special. They were not offering a fresh catch, but cleaning out their freezers. The grouper was still frozen on the plate of two of our guests. When sent back, they returned, still frozen! They did take the dinners off our bill. We just didn't expect that to happen at a $25-$50/dinner restaurant.

• Visited June 2012