“Girasole was lovely”

Girasole Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 2,150 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Shadyside
Description: Girasole, meaning "sunflower" in Italian, is a unique family restaurant in Pittsburgh blending old world charm with an innovative, modern menu.
“Girasole was lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

A nice birthday dinner for me with my family. They have stand-by favorites and some unique menu items to try as well. We loved it.

• Visited March 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Unimpressive lunch and service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went here for a business lunch after hearing so many positive reviews. We were seated in a cute cafe table tucked away outside which was just lovely--very European! The atmosphere was my favorite part of the whole experience. Unfortunately, our waitress was rather inattentive--particularly for the restaurant being relatively uncrowded. We got the feeling that she was catering to the regulars.
The food was good--not great--and pricey. I ordered an omelet that was much larger than necessary and was flavorless. Perhaps we should have ordered dinner entrees because I've heard so many great things about the pasta.
As this was a lunch with colleagues, I didn't get to experience the alcohol selection, though I've heard wonderful things.
This seems to be the trendy spot for middle-aged Shadyside women. It isn't your best bet for family dining and would be best enjoyed at a leisurely pace with no time constraints. Go on a nice day and enjoy the al fresco experience!
All said, I'll rate THIS experience as poor but I would be willing to try Girasole again with an open mind.

• Visited July 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“My taste buds matter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Shady side restaurant-parking is a problem but worth it. The scallops and veal meatball appetizers are excellent-the flavors are perfect and satisfying just like in Italy or grandmas-the tomato cream sauce adds to any pasta dish. Lemon cake is yummy

“The real thing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've traveled extensively in Italy and found the food and service truly Italian.
It was also good value for the money. And took me back to the sunflower covered hills.

“Have the Scallops”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Best meal I have had in long time. If they have the scallops you better have them because they are that good.