“Time for some attention”
Review of Pamela's

Pamela's
Ranked #21 of 2,126 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Shadyside
Reviewed October 13, 2016

Nothing beats Pamela's hotcakes...They are perfectly made..But this particular Pamela's in Shadyside needs some attention-A good cleaning is in order and some attention to the service..A customer shouldn't have to go the register in search of additional coffee...refills should happen at the table automatically..the restaurant wasn't even busy..

Date of visit: October 2016
Write a reviewReviews (522)

Reviewed October 12, 2016

Hmmmm.

When I hear "brunch" I envision a feast for the eyes, delight for the palate, and a hearty, decadent, tasty meal accompanied by mimosas and Bloody Marys.

What you get at Pamela's is a greasy spoon breakfast. It's not bad, but not amazing. After more than a decade of living in Pittsburgh I finally had to try to see what the hubbub was about. Weeks later I'm still wondering. I'm sorry. I just. don't. get it.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed October 12, 2016

best place to grab a quick breakfast or lunch but on weekends, the line can reach outside the door. service is friendly and food is delicious and affordable. very clean too.

Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

Visited Pamela's in Shadyside for Sunday breakfast while visiting our daughter. Expected a wait and were told 25 minutes ( was actually closer to 40) but it went quickly and once at our table we had our food in less than 15 minutes. Omelets and 2-egg special were all good with more food than most of us could eat. Everyone from hostess to wait staff was friendly and pleasant despite the fast paced hustle of the place.

Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

Breakfast on a Tuesday morning. First surprise, cash only, so we had to go back down the street & use an ATM. Second surprise, the menu. Nothing really struck me as "must have" so I chose a "malted waffle". Honestly, I have done better with the waffle machines in hotel breakfast nooks. Bacon was small, very thin slices without a particularly bacon-y flavor and we had to flag down a server to get a coffee refill for our "bottomless" coffee. In addition, it was quite expensive for what it was. I am not tempted to return.

Date of visit: September 2016