“Long wait but fast food”
Review of Pamela's

Pamela's
Ranked #21 of 2,126 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Shadyside
Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

Visited Pamela's in Shadyside for Sunday breakfast while visiting our daughter. Expected a wait and were told 25 minutes ( was actually closer to 40) but it went quickly and once at our table we had our food in less than 15 minutes. Omelets and 2-egg special were all good with more food than most of us could eat. Everyone from hostess to wait staff was friendly and pleasant despite the fast paced hustle of the place.

Date of visit: October 2016
Write a reviewReviews (522)

Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

Breakfast on a Tuesday morning. First surprise, cash only, so we had to go back down the street & use an ATM. Second surprise, the menu. Nothing really struck me as "must have" so I chose a "malted waffle". Honestly, I have done better with the waffle machines in hotel breakfast nooks. Bacon was small, very thin slices without a particularly bacon-y flavor and we had to flag down a server to get a coffee refill for our "bottomless" coffee. In addition, it was quite expensive for what it was. I am not tempted to return.

1  Thank Duccy
Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

Looking for a good local place for breakfast, we decided to give Pamela's a try. Located in a nice shopping district on Walnut Street in the Shadyside area of Pittsburgh, this place is a classic. Nice diner interior, you could tell that many of the patrons were local and frequent visitors. Excellent coffee. Food was freshly made and very good portion sizes for the price. The Lyonnaise potatoes are delicious. You won't be disappointed if you go here. Since I am originally from Philly, my only suggestion would be to have "scrapple" on the menu!!

Reviewed September 18, 2016

The food here is awesome. Their home fries are out of this world and the crepe pancakes are delish!! The staff is friendly and accommodating, prices very reasonable. Take cash though-no credit, but ATMs are close by...highly recommend!!

Reviewed September 17, 2016

I have no idea why there's a line up. I get the historical part but you can't wander around and look at them without disturbing diners. The food was average, waitress messed up our both our orders and my son, who is a pancake lover, gave his pancake a 5/10 only. We waited over an hour because of the hype. Wouldn't return.