“Great food...Great service!!”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Shadyside
Reviewed September 18, 2016

The food here is awesome. Their home fries are out of this world and the crepe pancakes are delish!! The staff is friendly and accommodating, prices very reasonable. Take cash though-no credit, but ATMs are close by...highly recommend!!

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (522)

Reviewed September 17, 2016

I have no idea why there's a line up. I get the historical part but you can't wander around and look at them without disturbing diners. The food was average, waitress messed up our both our orders and my son, who is a pancake lover, gave his pancake a 5/10 only. We waited over an hour because of the hype. Wouldn't return.

Reviewed September 10, 2016

If President Obama goes to Pamela's for their hotcakes - its going on the Must Try when in Pittsburgh. I think I cried a little when I had my first bite. I could of easily polished off 3 servings of those hotcakes (had my eggs and bacon to eat as well). It was a magical combination.

Reviewed August 31, 2016

I stopped for lunch at Pamela's, having been nearby and aware of the place's good reputation. I was not disappointed. I ordered a vegetable omelet and was served a large plate stuffed full of omelet, two pieces of toast, and potatoes. (I honestly liked the potatoes better than the omelet!) The food was great, it came up in about ten minutes, and I couldn't finish it all. The servers were very helpful and friendly throughout my time in the resteraunt. I have no complaints. Just make sure to bring cash!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 24, 2016

I have eaten here three or four times. It is consistently good and very relaxed. Make sure you have your appetite, because besides being excellent, the portions are very large. One of my favorite things about Pamela's is that it has amazing omelets and hotcakes. The former are served with delicious fried potatoes and choice of toast. The hotcakes are unique. They are thin like a crepe and rolled with fillings. Two of these creations are served in an order and totally fill the dinner sized plate. Of course you can get eggs with hotcakes too. Coffee is good. Prices are reasonable. Only caveat, they only take cash, so come prepared. On a weekend there can be a line outside waiting to get in. But it is worth it. There are tourists, families, business people, students. And the servers are very nice. We went two days in a row and the server remembered I liked coffee so brought a pot to the table. Can't say enough good things about this place!

Date of visit: August 2016