“Butter-lover's dream”

Neighborhood: Shadyside
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Butter-lover's dream”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The pancakes (more like crepes) are a local institution. Delicious! Splurge and order the specialty ones: chocolate chip with whipped cream and sliced bananas are sinfully good. The Tex-mex omelet with chorizo, salsa, and guacamole is my favorite. Enjoy!

Visited February 2013

Cranberry Twp
“Food is AMAZING! A Pittsburgh gem.”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Pamela's is a MUST for anyone traveling to Pittsburgh. Their crepe-style pancakes are to die for and dining in their cafe is a true Pittsburgh experience. Be advised - they only take cash! There are ATMs nearby, but don't walk in thinking a credit card will work! (Trust me - it is worth the possible ATM fees to draw cash for this place)

• Visited June 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Get... ANYTHING”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Pamela's has some of the best breakfast foods around. My friends enjoy the "Gail's Favorite Eggs," and their crepe-style pancakes are always a treat.

I've never had a bad experience at any of the multiple locations I've been to. The staff is always pleasant, the food is HOT and prices are reasonable. Note: It's like this even if the lines are out the door!

For the first-timers: It is a cash only establishment!

• Visited February 2013
northern Michigan
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We ate breakfast here on a Sunday morning. It gets really busy so we made a point of arriving early, before church goers started arriving in large carloads. I had the California French Toast with strawberries and my friend had the hotcakes with strawberries and cream cheese. My French Toast was made on wheat bread (which I usually don't like) but it was delicious. They did not skimp on the berries. The service was good and the prices were reasonable. It was not served with syrup but it really did not need it. I imagine it would have been available had I asked for it.

I will return here on my next visit to Pittsburgh. I am not sure I would wait in the LONG lines that develop ocasionally. Plan accordingly to arrive early or late.

• Visited March 2013
Bedford, Ohio
“Not sure why this so highly rated?”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stopped at Pamela's for lunch based on reviews here. The burgers were pretty basic. The onion rings were great.

• Visited March 2013