“Disappointed.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Bloomfield
CT
“Disappointed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

First let me say that I am Vietnamese. I've eaten my mom's home cooking for over 30 years and have eaten at many Vietnamese restaurants in different cities. Because of the positive reviews here, I decided to give this place a try. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. Not sure if it's this restaurant only or that it's the best Pittsburgh has to offer...for some reason, some cities are better than others at delivering high quality Vietnamese food.

I had the pho...the broth was a little bland and had a murky look to it. Good broth is simmered for a long time and should be clear with bubbles of fat in it. I also had the bun. The bun was actually okay except that the egg rolls tasted funny...the texture seemed as though it had been ground up. The last thing I had was the che. When making che you're supposed to chop up the ice not drop ice cubes into it. The color and ingredients in it were also off.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Best Vietnamese in the city. I've been to...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2010

Best Vietnamese in the city. I've been to Tram's and Vietnam's Pho. The best and friendliest place is Pho Minh.

pittsburgh
“GOOD PLACE TO GET PHO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

my wife and I went there after going to Tram's kitchen many time. I like the pho at Vietnam's Pho better. Its portion is bigger and the taste is a little better but the clear egg rolls are good for appz.

Ohio
“Wow Pho Minh is My Best Vietnamese Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

I have been to many Vietnamese Restaurant , but the only one make me unforgettable
That is Pho Minh Restaurant , The Food at Pho Minh so Delicious,
services is so nice and friendly too.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best bowl of pho in the...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2007

Best bowl of pho in the city! Delicious desserts (mango & sweet rice) and a nice assortment of cool, sweet, drinks.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook