“Best Asian takeout”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Zaw's
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Squirrel Hill South
Pittsburgh Pa
“Best Asian takeout”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have always loved the food here. They use the freshest ingredients and the chicken, unlike many other places, has only a light coating rather than being mostly breading. The food is all delicious and I highly recommend the coconut rice too. Sonny who will probably take your order is very friendly and sweet too.

Visited May 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Head over here for some good Chinese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I head over to Zaw's every time I'm in Squirrel Hill. The food is really good, cheap, and the customer service is outstanding, thanks to Sonny, the owner. If you're looking for elegant atmosphere, this is not the place. The mostly take-out (but there's a counter if you want to eat-in) restaurant is an unpretentious place that's easy to overlook. If you want a good meal, come here. There are so many items on the menu, it's hard to choose. "Try it, you'll like it."

• Visited April 2013
North Versailles, Pennsylvania
“You just cant go wrong at Zawz's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2010

I have been a devoted customer of Zawz's for 10 years, The food and service is so good its hard to find a place to start. First off each and every meal is cooked in Marvins wok fresh each and every time you order!! The food is awesome cant say much more, if you like spicy food they can fill your needs!! If your feeling brave ask for your meal with "Super Spice" and you will be sweating and loving it with every bite. I have probably tried 90% of thier menu over the years and its all great. Zawz's price and quality can not be beat.!! Go get some!!

Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Very Disappointed...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

Based on ratings I thought to give this place a "go" since we travelled far and love chinese food. They battered our eggplant and over sauced everything (would underline "over sauced" if I could) Wow...in a bad way...sorry...

pittsburgh
“best takeout i've had in my 32 years on this earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2010

Consistently the best takeout I've been able to find, and I've had my share. I lived in squirrel hill for a few years and moved to the south hills 5 years ago. Whenever I get the hankering, I make the over 25 minute trip to this fantastic little operation. One man, one wok, one stove. One woman, one knife as the prep cook. And as always, service with a smile from Sonny, who will remember your name if you order from them roughly twice. And if that wasn't enough, it has a huge menu with much to choose from. Only downside is the wait, but that's understandable for the care that is put into your meal!