“Excellent Service”

Cross street: Tenth Street
Washington DC
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The service here was excellent, in fact some of the best I've had in a while. Our server knew all about the dishes, wines and desserts and gave us terrific recommendations on the meals and desserts. She interacted well with our table and was minimally invasive. She attended to us when we needed and didn't needlessly bother us.

My friend's beet salad and crab soup were delicious and our other friend's fish plate was good. I had the Chef's special, which was bland, so I was a little disappointed, but not her fault! The best part, as it often is, was the dessert! I had the peanut butter & jelly cheesecake, which was just plain sinfully delicious!

One of the nicest aspects of the evening was when I couldn't decide if I wanted a particular wine. She offered to get me a sample to see if I did like it; which I didn't and then I ordered another.

It is overpriced, but the service was what made this evening enjoyable!

• Visited April 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Reliable restaurant before show at the Consol Energy Cente”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The Original Fish Market validates parking for events so we only paid $7.00 when we went to the recent Eric Clapton concert . That is definitely a good deal. The restaurant is very nice and the food is consistently good. The fish is always fresh. The wait staff are friendly, courteous and efficient . I recommend The Original Fish Market when going to a Consol Energy event. It is an easy 15 minute walk.

• Visited April 2013
NYC
“lunch”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great salad before traveling home. I'm not the best person to review this place, as I don't eat fish or seafood! I can tell you that there are plenty of other options, though vegetarians won't find anything.

Visited March 2013
USA
“Overpriced hotel restaurant”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a typical overpriced hotel restaurant. If you are on an expense account and hotel guest, fine, the convenience is worth it. The food is fine. Nothing spectacular but solid. But it mostly caters to the Westin guests as a convenient option for food since it sits inside the Westin Hotel. No reason to go out of your way to come here.

Visited April 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Shameful service. Original what?”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

A busy Saturday night. Bad start with no confirmation of phone request for reservation. No bread was offered. Why? They were running low and only those who requested it got some! Food took over an hour to arrive. No charge! Waiter was rude. Fish dry and overcooked. Allergy to pepper ignored. Dessert of chocolate cake had cayenne pepper in it!! Only redeeming features were free parking and yummy oysters. Original bad management!