“Satisfactory”

Cross street: Tenth Street
Chicoutimi, Canada
“Satisfactory”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The ambiance of the restaurant is interesting, a little bit old fashion and the personnel is professional. The food is correct, but not impressive. In overall, the restaurant is too pricey for the experience it offers. It should be a 25$ restaurant and is more like a 50-70$. There are much better restaurant in Pittsburgh.

• Visited September 2012

Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great Sashimi”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Get the sashimi sampler! It was excellent! It's hard to find good sashimi, and this definitely was amazing! The staff were amazing ,so kind and so friendly!
I would recommend going here right when they open at 4PM to get great service and to enjoy a quiet atmosphere as it seems that this place gets packed later on in the night for happy hour etc...

Visited August 2012
Sun Diego
“Fishmarket - Westin”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Nice restaurant off the lobby of the Westin Hotel by the Convention Center. Service a bit slow, but perhaps this was due to the number of conventioneers (something the restaurant should be used to, since it's next to the convention center).

There are a number of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel (one very good), so this would be a choice if the others were full or you were late arriving, as I was. It is very convenient if you are actually staying in the Westin.

The wine selection is only average, with no Willamette Valley pinot noirs or generally well-rated Chardonnay's. My colleagues felt about the same way with respect to the beers. I had fish, thinking it would be outstanding given the name of the restaurant, but was a bit underwhelmed. I guess I should have had the crab cakes as the waitress suggested (I thought she recommended that because it was the most expense entree on the menu, and I hate overpaying for bread. I save the crab cake orders for Baltimore!).

The restaurant does serve late (a definite plus), and I understand that the bar is open until about 1:00 am (no proof from me).

• Visited July 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
“Fabulous Food, Impeccable Service”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I dined here a few weeks ago for the second time and we were pleased to note a MAJOR improvement in the food which we learned was due to a new chef and executive sous chef. The first time we dined here, the food was bland and boring and the menu uninspiring at best.

But WHAT A Difference a new culinary team makes! The menu has been completely overhauled to include an exciting array of beautifully presented seafood selections that were all prepared to perfection and with painstaking attention to detail.

Both the Executive Chef and the Sushi Chef came to our table to inquire about our dining experience. Our server was attentive without being intrusive and was very knowledgeable about both the preparation of the food and the wines. She even offered us a sample tasting of several wines as we were having difficulty deciding between the many varieties!

Now that there has been a changing of the culinary guard, we will definitely be back. The prices, while high, are now worth every penny! Overall, a lovely evening and we look forward to another evening at OFM soon.

• Visited July 2012
Ukiah, California
“Had a Good Experience”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We were staying at the Westin Hotel where the restaurant is located. After a long day of driving to get to Pittsburgh and pretty challenging traffic to get into the city, we were bushed. We found the friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant just what we needed. The food was good, well prepared wine and beer selections varied and interesting. Dessert was really quite amazing. After dinner the executive sous chef came to our table to check on the quality of the food and ask for suggestions and chat a bit. We noticed he made his way to everyone's table. Perhaps the prices were a bit on the high side, but not objectionably so. Pittsburgh has a lot of wonderful restaurants and this may not be the best, but for tired travelers it was a fine evening.

• Visited June 2012