“MEATBALLS, MEATBALLS”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Carson Street
Transit: Port Authority Bus Service - Carson Stop or Smithfield Street Bridge stop Port Authority Trolley Station Square stop.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The food was very authentic Italian with family style servings more than plentiful. We thoroughly enjoyed the decor and being able to tour the kitchen area and watch the chefs cooking.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Loved the idea of the family style service. The portions are very generous and the staff was extremely friendly. The food was good, actually tasty but really nothing exceptional. The restaurant was very busy the night we went and the wait was reasonable but the tables were so close together you couldn't move and people kept bumping into us and our table. Really not a relaxing experience.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I'm not typically a big fan of chain restaurants, as they tend to be too generic and homogenized for my tastes. And I'd been to Buca di Beppo many years ago and was rather unimpressed. But I was staying with some friends at the Sheraton Station Square, so we decided to give Buca di Beppo a try, since it was a two minute walk from the hotel. I'm glad that we did.

On a Thursday evening in mid-January, we virtually had the restaurant to ourselves. Our group of seven were the only occupants of a room with seating for at least 20 more people, which made for a very private (though boisterous) experience. Our waitress was fabulous, very courteous and personable but never intrusive.

We ordered salad, cheesy garlic bread, spaghetti, meatballs, chicken parmesan, and Italian sausage. I wouldn't say that any of it was breathtakingly awesome, but everything that I ate was good, and the chicken parmesan was especially delicious. And the meatballs were about the size of my face. It was all served family style on big platters or in large bowls, so we all got to enjoy each of the dishes.

To be sure, even though we had a few coupons, the meal cost more than I would have liked ($25 per person, including drinks and tip). But we had a great time, enjoyed a pleasant atmosphere, and ate plenty of delicious food. This isn't necessarily my favorite restaurant, but I'd be happy to return here at some point down the road...

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I visited with a group of 35 during a recent hockey tournament. They really know how to deal with a large party and treated us very well. The waiter was very accomodating and had some great food suggestions, especially for the kids. This is not a high end italian restaurant , it is a large chain , and despite that the food was very good and the atmosphere is quite fun. The place was extremely reasonable and amazing value for the money. I would highly reccomend for any large group

So-so Italian food. Large portions. Family portions not always the best
option.Not the best choice for small group or couple. .
Many other better Italian food options.