“Celebrate a special occasion”
Review of Grand Concourse

Grand Concourse
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Concourse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 2,229 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Carson Street
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had my parents 59th wedding anniversary dinner at the Grand Concourse and it could not have gone any better. The ambience and the food are first class. Sea Bass, Crab Cakes, Stuffed Shimp, calamari, Lemonade Shrimp, Lobster Bisque were all excellent.

For a great view of the city, ask for a window seat in the river front section.

Make sure you take time to look at all the historic pictures of Pittsburgh in the restaurant.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Our family had dinner at the Grand Concourse last Saturday to celebrate my wife's birthday. The food was very good but the service was so poor that it will be a long time before we return. I gave them a 3 rating but it was really a 2.5.

We had a reservation and were seated fairly quickly in the river room. They seated us at a table for five so we had an extra chair at the table. This wasn't a major problem but there were a few tables for four available when we walked in. I also wondered why they couldn't remove a chair and re-configure the table so that we weren't stuck with the extra chair/empty place setting.

The waitress provided the bare minimum of service - she took our orders and brought out the food when ready. That was it. Water glasses weren't refilled, bread basket remained empty, used glasses and dishes weren't removed. We finished a bottle of wine about halfway through dinner and she never checked to see if we might want another bottle. We complained about the lack of water re-fills but that didn't phase her.

We had to wait a long time between the first course and the entrees (an hour or so). The manager was nice enough to apologize for the delay. I complained to her about the service, however, and she really didn't respond. Nor did the level of service improve.

I rarely complain about service but in this case I complained twice, to no avail. Given the delay in serving the entrees, you would think that they might try check on you while you wait. Not at the Grand Concourse.

It was a shame that the level of service didn't match the quality of the food. I had lobster bisque and a duck entrée. Both were outstanding. The rest of my family had seafood dishes that they really liked.

I should also mention that the valet service was very good and only cost $5.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Friends brought me here for Sunday brunch. It was quite an experience. The setting is beautiful, echoing of a former, more gracious age. There are many food choices all well done.
Be warned that it can be very crowded, so be sure to make a reservation and recognize that you most likely will be seated at a time later than the reservation you make.
There is good (and inexpensive) valet parking as well.
If you're in town on a Sunday, treat yourself!

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Came with my boyfriend's family since his brother-in-law's family was in town.

Great service, great food, and decent selection! The waitstaff was very friendly, and the food was always fresh! With the exception of the shrimp... The shrimp was good until I found one that wasn't deveined...

The other food was very good, and I must encourage you to try the donuts and the kid's selection!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We visited Pittsburgh and went with 5 family members to dinner at the Grand Concourse. This is an old railroad station that is well preserved and interesting to see. My husband is handicap and a convenient table was found for us. The parking attendants were also very helpful. Our waitress was so good it just made our dinner perfect. We were pleased that the food was excellent - we are still talking about it.