“Don't Bother Making Reservations”

Alexander's Restaurant
Ranked #490 of 2,266 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bloomfield
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Alexander's a couple of years ago and liked it well enough. We knew we were going to be in the neighborhood this past weekend, so we made 7pm reservations for Saturday night. When we got there our table wasn't ready and after 30 minutes, when it still wasn't ready, we left. What's the point in taking reservations you still have to wait more than half an hour for your table? We won't be returning.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Service was very friendly and warm. Food was delicious with generous portions. Very busy but kept up with pace. Hidden away near Shadyside...but glad we stopped!

Reviewed May 24, 2011

Had lunch there today (5-25-2011). Lobster ravioli. Had almost no flavor, there were no chunks of lobster actually in it at all, for all I know if was just a mash of fake seafood mixed with some sort of creamy, white, sauce.

Server was very polite and attentive. I did not bring the poor quality of the dish to her attention. It was a business meeting, and I didn't feel it was appropriate to complain in front of a client. I was starving, so I ate the entire thing. But it was not good at all.

It was like eating a frozen entree from the freezer aisle at the grocery store. That probably would have been a cheaper option, and less disappointing.

Parking garage next door has an automated payment machine that DOES NOT TAKE CREDIT CARDS, DARN IT! I had to walk all the way down the street to the PNC Bank to get money out without paying a fee at those stupid universal Mac machines in the direct area of the garage. In the 21st century, what kind of automated payment machine in a parking garage in an urban area doesn't take credit cards? That was highly inconvenient.

1  Thank PABryce
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 9, 2008

This place is very overrated. Known for their pasta, supposedly, it tastes like it's dried.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 14, 2007

Perhaps the best tiramisu I've ever had in my life. Their red sauce is also worth the trip. Friendly staff and their private room downstairs is great.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook