“Remains Solid In Shadyside”
Review of Casbah

Casbah
Reserve with OpenTable
Casbah is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 2,195 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Shadyside
Cross street: Alder Street
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We love this Big Burrito establishment as it matures and becomes a perennial choice to enjoy, no matter the season. It starts with a well-stocked bar area, nicely lit and very comfortable. The indoor dining area is complimented by the (now-covered) outdoor seating area.
Service was mostly attentive, if quite friendly throughout the evening. The wine list is varied and reasonably prices, with especially fine after dinner selections.
We started with two appetizers this time out, the Tuna Tartare and the Sheep's Milk Gnudi. The tuna was very clean, served with nicely grilled sourdough. The Gnudi had a great truffle butter and tarragon flavored sauce. I also had my all-time favorite salad, the Arugula. This masterpiece features homemade pancetta, crimini mushrooms, and goat cheese. We split the Ricotta Cavatelli Pasta, prepared thoughtfully with fennel sausage and spinach.
Dessert was a nice assortment of house prepared sorbets (mixed berry/pineapple/grapefruit).
Valet parking is complimentary; please tip your driver!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Casbah is one of the most consistent restaurants in terms of food and service. We have dined here many many times and have never been disappointed. Everything on the menus is very good (I only know this because I taste my wife's) For me, I always want something different, but always order the Pork Chop. I have never found another place that makes it as good.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My family ate here for lunch and couldn't have been more satisfied. We had the three course Gusto menu which included soup, 1/2 sandwich and pasta all for just $15. The servings were perfect and the quality of the food was excellent.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We dined here for my wife's birthday last year. We started out at the bar ordering cocktails. I had a tasty cocktail with bourbon. We finished our drinks and made out way over to our table. We started out with a cheese tasting, which was very good. For entrees she ordered the Halibut and I had the Red Pepper Casereccia. This was seared sea scollops with a red pepper pasta. This entree made my list of favorite dish ever eaten. It was so delicious. I cannot wait to have it again!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Honestly can say - the best meal ever. Service was excellent. Calamari was out of this world- husband had Fish, it was just fantastic. I had steak- also delicious, cooked perfectly. So very few times are you just blown out of the water with a great experience. Can't wait to go back.