“Great Meal and Great Service”
Review of Casbah

Casbah
Reserve with OpenTable
Casbah is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 2,209 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Shadyside
Cross street: Alder Street
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I had one of the best meals we have eaten at the Casbah. We started with olives for an appetizer along with the humus and soft shell crab. All was excellent. I had the Red Pepper Casereccia and my wife had the Gnocchi. The Casereccia was especially good. Our server was Chris who did an outstanding job describing the dishes and meeting our needs. I highly recommend the Casbah.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had a really special evening at Casbah on Friday June 17th in honor of my daughter's pending graduation from CMU. Our large party was very well attended to from the moment we arrived by the waitstaff; very attentive without being intrusive. We requested and were seated on their outside patio; a very comfortable setting. All of our guests enjoyed the food and drink; champagne, cocktails, appetizers, entrees, and deserts we're all terrific. Many thanks for making our celebration so terrific! I highly recommend Casbah.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had booked this restaurant for a wedding rehearsal dinner - sight unseen. We had 1/2 of a deck type area set aside for our party of 30. I can honestly say that the food, drink, service and attention to detail by Casbah was top notch. We had many guests who are very particular and the compliments we received from all of them said it all.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Looked for a special place to take my son and his girlfriend for dinner, both students at CMU, when visiting them. This was really a great place. Food was fresh, innovative, and so wonderful, my son wanted to return to try brunch at our next visit. Grilled octopus, Scottish salmon, bass, were all perfectly prepared with wonderful sides. Desserts were homemade and we enjoyed the trio of icecreams (or were they gelatos?). All in all a very memorable evening for us.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Holiday food can be a tricky proposition, as you never know who among the staff is taking a Mother's Day vacation.
Every element of the food service and supporting staff was up to expectations when we visited on Mother's Day. From appetizers to dessert, the food was excellent. Service was very good and timely, and the valet staff was excellent.